Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zel Charity Cup this Saturday and SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The second annual Charity Challenge Cup will take place between fans of Brighton & Hove Albion and Leicester City this Saturday (24th July).

Last year we raised almost £2,000 for both The RockingHorseAppeal and The Keith Weller Fund. Keith Weller is an ex Leicester City hero currently terminally ill in the U.S.A. This year all funds raised will go towards The RockingHorseAppeal; we are hoping to raise a good few thousand pounds for them. More information about The RockinghorseAppeal can be found here.

Lindsay Fergusson, who is the 2004 Miss Brighton, is going to be in attendance to present the trophy to the winning team.
I am going to have the pleasure of photographing her tomorrow, but in the meantime here is a picture of Lindsay.

lindsay3.jpg
lindsay_fergusson_1.jpg

Burgess Hill FC have again kindly let us use their facilities. Directions to Leylands Park can be found here. The game will kick off at 3pm, and afterwards there will be an auction. The bar will be open throughout the day and a raffle will take place at half time.

Prizes include:
A signed and framed Bobby Zamora photo,
A signed picture of Ben Roberts saving a penalty in the shootout against Swindon,
Dave Lee's training top signed by the play off winning squad,
A signed Leicester City shirt and football,
A nights stay for two in a top Brighton hotel,
A signed pair of Michel Kuipers' gloves.

There will again be an evening reception held in the Cobblers Thumb pub in Brighton. There will be drinks and food for both players and supporters, and again a percentage of the nights takings will go to the charity. Directions from Burgess Hill to The Cobblers Thumb can be found here. The pub is on the corner of New England Street, Brighton; a ten minute walk from Brighton station and in sight of the fire station.

Last year the game was a very close encounter. Brighton held a 2-1 lead until the last minute when a calamity from the Seagulls keeper allowed Leicester an equaliser. Terrible spot kicks from Brighton enabled Leicester to win in a sudden death penalty shoot out. This years game promises to be an equally thrilling game. And if the evening is anything like it was last year it will be a top day out, we will all have fun and raise a lot of money for a very worthy cause.
:drink: :bhasign: :cheers:

Pictures from last years game can be found here

poster4.jpg

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Nice one fatboy!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Superb! Living about five minutes from Burgess Hill means I will definitely be there, especially now I know the lovely Miss Brighton will be in attendance!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I'm not gonna shower after and smell all MANLY for her... she'll LOVE that!

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
Programme submissions deadline is now officially past - thanks everyone who's contributed so far. Sorry fatboy - your last request didn't make it, but I can always announce changes on the day :lolol:

Looking forward to meeting you all (again, mostly) on Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done Fatboy. Good work again mate.

Don't get pissed and try and chat her up.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Fatboy - can you confirm you have received the auction/raffle prize from me please?

I am unsure if i will make the game

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
FYI

I was n the Cobblers last night and they are applying for a late licence this morning.

xx

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes thank you Helen.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How are people planning on getting to The Cobblers Thumb from the game?

poke

Oct 19, 2003
Artois said:
I've never heard of a form of transport called 'me'.

oops didn't read it properly. i thougth it said who is going straight from the game to the pub :dunce:

i will be going by train

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
samparish said:
Hmm, I will probably be driving to the pub so can give some people a lift if they need it
Noooo.

Have some :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here