Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora's gone who's going to get the 30 goals this season.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
As soon as the signing is officially announced which will be tonight or early tomorrow (coz it wont take Bobby long to take his pay rise and new ground to play in) then the money will be in the bank unless DK is an idiot, we must start building straight away, the season is 3 weeks away and we dont have 1 bloody striker on the books!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
John Paul Sigere from Margate...

He's good on CM4!

Problem solved.

Or trevor Benjamin...he's good on CM4 to!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Shame Cureton's gone he would have been ideal. I really hope that we use the money wisely as we do need at least two strikers. I would prefer if we went after a couple of proven strikers like Rodgers, Beckett etc etc - and preferably not someone as old as me - (ie) Onoura - who's 36 this year!!! - unless it was as backup.

I'm not quite so worried about a winger as I think, Piercy, Jones, Marney, OGH and Wilkinson can cover that position -although If Hunt is as good as SC says - than I'll be happy for him to come along.

We obviously need a goalie - so hopefully it will be Ben Roberts - or has Rhys Evans signed for Swindon yet??.

We could probably do with another centre back after today's news about Blackwell - preferably someone that could play in other positions as well - (ie) midfield - Ivar Ingimarrson anyone??? - now I know he said he didn't want to play in Div 2 - but money talks!!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree we need 2 new strikers and fast.

3 weeks to Kick Off !!!!!!!
3 F**king weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

2 New Strikers (1 with a proven goalscoring record like Beckett)
1 Winger (I think we might now get Hunt)
1 Centre Half (to replace Blackwell)
1 Backup Keeper

All this in so little time.

If SC and DK don't get some players in quick I can see us losing at Oldham against their only 8 registered players left - how would that look !

What about Mckenzie from Peterborough together with Beckett ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Coppell will have been keeping an eye on players in case Bobby was sold and will have a budget already agreed, i would have thought.
We have to sign an experienced striker and a young one. At the moment, we have to be able to groom talent and sell it on. Its what will keep us ticking over til Falmer arrives. Even if its this lunatic Beach Boy, i trust Stevie to spot a decent forward.

We have to be sensible though. We're not going to pay more than £100,000 on a striker at the moment. That rules out most of the well-known lower div strikers mentioned here. We hired Stevie because of his smarts, and surely we have to believe that he will be encouraged to find bargains.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
30 goals? Well it will need to be a partnership rather than just one player, so ...
Chris McPhee and Daniel Marney !!

:nono:

Jul 7, 2003
Butler from Reading would be great but knowing them they would want to stitch us up on price. Butler was good in Div 2 before and when he was out of the first team last season scored a hatful of goals in the reserves as he wanted to fight for a place rather than head out on loan. This shows someone with a bit of commitment so I reckon we should go for him.

Alun Armstrong may be another and now we might have some cash for a signing on fee to tempt him.

Bradley Allen's still available...

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Butler is a pikey and no good to anyone. Reading would love us to take him off their hands.

Rodgers from Shrewsbury would be OK though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When at the end of the pile you are shat on be positive:

Someone, somewhere will redeem us !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beckett if he'd come here, he proved last season that he can score at this level. Rouge for cetain. Luke Rogers ? But, contraversially, if we could get his wages down to a sensible amount, I'd have a punt for Akinbyi, he'd be a menace at this level.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm sure that Coppell has prepared for the eventuality of Bobby being sold and has a few players that he is ready to make a move for. The only thing we have to worry about is that now clubs know we have a little bit of money they'll jack the price up when we come calling.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
Patience people. I'm sure Coppell has plenty of irons in plenty of fires.

SC has known for a while that Bobby was going. He said himself he'd rather he went sooner rather than later.

I think he has also been promised some money out of the sale.

I also think SC has got some names lined up. Who had heard of some of the loan players that he brought in during last season? They all turned out to be assetts to the team.

Someone remarked that SC would make an excellent poker player.

Keep the faith

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here