Zamora

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It doesn't have to as it won't stop it being made regardless of facts or common wisdom.

Let the negative ones be negative and enjoy the lovely weather instead.

I can kill two birds with one stone there :thumbsup:

Laptop 2.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interview encouraging for me. Looks like there is interest there - could even be that he's signing / signed and the club are being extremely tight lipped. Could even be that the initial source who told a few people was part of a small meeting of Albion officials and it was stressed this must be top secret until July 1st and he decided to pour cold water over what he was saying initially? Who knows...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The lad who did that earlier tweet/pic of him with Zamora said 'he didn't give much away but think he wants to stay in London'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interview encouraging for me. Looks like there is interest there - could even be that he's signing / signed and the club are being extremely tight lipped. Could even be that the initial source who told a few people was part of a small meeting of Albion officials and it was stressed this must be top secret until July 1st and he decided to pour cold water over what he was saying initially? Who knows...
Yes, it did cross my mind that the club wanted to create an is-he-isn't-he-signing debate to get people interested.

Classic marketing.

And I suspect there is a definite deliberate cold water strategy on all chanels out of the club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, it did cross my mind that the club wanted to create an is-he-isn't-he-signing debate to get people interested.

Classic marketing.

And I suspect there is a definite deliberate cold water strategy on all chanels out of the club.

Your enthusiasm is admirable... And I just watched the Zamora vid in the other thread so am now mildly excited at the possibility...!

I can't believe some people think the club are playing will he won't he games over this as a marketing ploy.

If he's signed then what on earth do they have to gain by keeping it quiet? They'd be shouting it from the rooftops!

If they are hoping he'll sign but he hasn't done so yet then obviously they'll keep schtum.

And if they or he have decided no then there's no advantage to either party to openly say that.

I'm still in two minds. I think Naylor has a point, take away his time with the Albion and everybody would be questioning even the possibility of him signing. So what, he scored quite a few in the third and fourt tier but he hasn't done much since.

My heart says it would be great to see him back but he has a lot to lose. The chances of him living up to the expectations of some people on here are pretty small. OK he might, but in his shoes I'd think twice. I'd hate to put my legend status at risk. He'll have a massive decision to make if we want him but he gets a better offer from another club in the Championship. There's an argument to say that it would be better for BZ and us if he didn't come back and took another year in the Premiership if he could get it, even if he only plays a bit part.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can't believe some people think the club are playing will he won't he games over this as a marketing ploy.

If he's signed then what on earth do they have to gain by keeping it quiet? They'd be shouting it from the rooftops!

If they are hoping he'll sign but he hasn't done so yet then obviously they'll keep schtum.

And if they or he have decided no then there's no advantage to either party to openly say that.

I'm still in two minds. I think Naylor has a point, take away his time with the Albion and everybody would be questioning even the possibility of him signing. So what, he scored quite a few in the third and fourt tier but he hasn't done much since.

My heart says it would be great to see him back but he has a lot to lose. The chances of him living up to the expectations of some people on here are pretty small. OK he might, but in his shoes I'd think twice. I'd hate to put my legend status at risk. He'll have a massive decision to make if we want him but he gets a better offer from another club in the Championship. There's an argument to say that it would be better for BZ and us if he didn't come back and took another year in the Premiership if he could get it, even if he only plays a bit part.

This

The trouble most Albion fans have is that they think Bobby feels the same way about the Albion as they feel towards him..... Fact is he is a footballer who gets payed to play football and will do so for the best money possible. Yeah he may have a soft spot for us, but that is about it he supports West Ham or did do until he signed for them so let's not pretend that he loves the Albion and would take a drop in his future retirement fund, or forsake another season in the Premiership even with Palace all because of his love affair with us there simple is not one.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The lad who did that earlier tweet/pic of him with Zamora said 'he didn't give much away but think he wants to stay in London'

What are his realistic options in London? Pretty much only Brentford would be a level he would be interested in and there is no way he is going to fit into their moneyball approach with his track-record. I can't see any of the London based premier league teams being interested. Only other clubs in the south-east that might possibly make a bid are Bournemouth and maybe Fulham? Beyond that it is league one at best.

I would guess he has very few options that are going to give him a decent salary and contract length at 35 years of age.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we have been in talks with him, I hope we have made our best offer and given him a time limit to accept or decline. I'd like to see him back but I'd prefer an end of it one way or the other pretty sharpish.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we have been in talks with him, I hope we have made our best offer and given him a time limit to accept or decline. I'd like to see him back but I'd prefer an end of it one way or the other pretty sharpish.

You're making the assumption that the rest of the budget is mapped out and that he's currently match fit. Where Naylor is quite clever is in not ruling out a pay as you play if we have cash left over. If there has been contact there's absolutely nothing concrete to say we're chasing him rather than vice versa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're making the assumption that the rest of the budget is mapped out and that he's currently match fit. Where Naylor is quite clever is in not ruling our a pay as you play if we have cash left over. If there has been contact there's absolutely nothing concrete to say we're chasing him rather than vice versa.

So we have to put up with on going will he, won't he, has he, can he, for another two months? GRRrreaat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You're making the assumption that the rest of the budget is mapped out and that he's currently match fit. Where Naylor is quite clever is in not ruling out a pay as you play if we have cash left over. If there has been contact there's absolutely nothing concrete to say we're chasing him rather than vice versa.

You heard anything back from your source re the announcement today?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So we have to put up with on going will he, won't he, has he, can he, for another two months? GRRrreaat

The only thing i KNOW for sure is that this will keep running and running until he either signs for someone else, signs for us or Bloom / barber / Hughton specifically rule him out (and why would they do that)? At that point there will be even more falling out and crowing. Meanwhile both NSC and the Argus Albion section have regular readers consuming adverts out of season.

Genius innit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports