Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wonder how may people actually believe he will sign tomorrow? I won't be holding my breath!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No evidence of the incomparable source in Naylor's article.

So we are just supposed to take his word for it?

Really hope Bobby does sign tomorrow now to make him look like a mug.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Pots calling kettles black with NSC twitter boasting about being right about Forest while slating Naylor for the same thing, take a look at yourselves jeez.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Naylor: "Albion's signing of Tomer Hemed has provoked comparisons with the wrong player.

All the talk is the extent to which Hemed will live up to Leo Ulloa, since the Seagulls purchased both of them from Spanish club Almeria.

The real issue is how much more sense it makes buying Hamed than bringing Bobby Zamora back to the club."

This singularly fails to factor in the possibility that another Championship club could acquire Zamora and he could fire them to promotion in the same way that he fired West Ham and then QPR to promotion.

The prospect of Zamora signing for, say, Brentford or Forest and seeing him contribute on a weekly basis to their eventual promotion is almost unthinkable. Imagine if it was Forest and he faced us in the season opener 07 Aug live on Sky?

I'd say in terms of English football his level is now top end of the Championship. Given that QPR let him go I'd be surprised if another Prem side came in for him. Therefore, if he does stay in England I'd expect him to move to a promotion contender. And if that works out for him the Albion board will live to regret not signing him in the same way they've lived to regret not giving Murray that improved contract.

I'm not saying Zamora should be signed purely to prevent a rival getting him because, in my opinion, I think we should sign him anyway. It just adds weight to the argument.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Does Zamora see his future in coaching like Liam Rosenior has expessed?

I don't know, but it's known he only sees football as a job and not a 'passion' like other players, so I'd be surprised if he does.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Naylor: "Albion's signing of Tomer Hemed has provoked comparisons with the wrong player.

All the talk is the extent to which Hemed will live up to Leo Ulloa, since the Seagulls purchased both of them from Spanish club Almeria.

The real issue is how much more sense it makes buying Hamed than bringing Bobby Zamora back to the club."

This singularly fails to factor in the possibility that another Championship club could acquire Zamora and he could fire them to promotion in the same way that he fired West Ham and then QPR to promotion.

The prospect of Zamora signing for, say, Brentford or Forest and seeing him contribute on a weekly basis to their eventual promotion is almost unthinkable. Imagine if it was Forest and he faced us in the season opener 07 Aug live on Sky?

I'd say in terms of English football his level is now top end of the Championship. Given that QPR let him go I'd be surprised if another Prem side came in for him. Therefore, if he does stay in England I'd expect him to move to a promotion contender. And if that works out for him the Albion board will live to regret not signing him in the same way they've lived to regret not giving Murray that improved contract.

I'm not saying Zamora should be signed purely to prevent a rival getting him because, in my opinion, I think we should sign him anyway. It just adds weight to the argument.

I agree with that and I'm sure he can do a good job for us but, much as I'd like to see him back, it should only be for a salary that befits his age and current abilities.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Honestly Zamora is still quality and if he even gives you only 20-30 games he would give us so much forward creativity it could be worth an extra 20points or so. Really with some other decent signings we can go from relegation contenders to promotion contenders.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've said it before and I'll say it again, for a 3rd or 4th choice striker we could do a lot, LOT worse than Bobby Zamora. Sign him up.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I've said it before and I'll say it again, for a 3rd or 4th choice striker we could do a lot, LOT worse than Bobby Zamora. Sign him up.

a 3rd or 4th choice striker on £15-20k a week? That's the way to financial ruin.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Coaching is a job, but I think his words were taken out of context anyway. What he said was something like he doesn't enjoy watching football, which is different from playing it.

He said he wasn't much of a football fan as well. It's fair to assume that a career in coaching is not something BZ will wish to pursue when he hangs up his boots.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
a 3rd or 4th choice striker on £15-20k a week? That's the way to financial ruin.

What we'd actually offer/have offered is not in the public domain, that figure is based upon pure speculation. I don't claim to know any of the inner workings of transfers, I'm talking from a purely footballing sense and from that perspective, the deal makes sense.

SAC

May 21, 2014
What we'd actually offer/have offered is not in the public domain, that figure is based upon pure speculation. I don't claim to know any of the inner workings of transfers, I'm talking from a purely footballing sense and from that perspective, the deal makes sense.

Indeed.

But only if under £5-7k a week if he's going to be a 3rd or 4th choice striker for a Championship club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here