Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, and I don't care! :)

I'm with you on this. Like Vicente we won't see too many games that feature BZ for 90 mins but to have a striker who is as good as he is when he is good, will make the games he does turn it on special. BZ is not the answer but he will provide plenty of cameos...if we do sign him.

After last season we really do need some heroes pulling on the stripes imo.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm with you on this. Like Vicente we won't see too many games that feature BZ for 90 mins but to have a striker who is as good as he is when he is good, will make the games he does turn it on special. BZ is not the answer but he will provide plenty of cameos...if we do sign him.

After last season we really do need some heroes pulling on the stripes imo.

Exactly - the paucity of 'talent' last season was shown in the idolisation of Paddy McCourt, who was generally rubbish.

It's a shame [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has lost confidence in this, as he does have good sources on info. I can but hope.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Just a feeling or based upon facts?

A feeling based on the club’s silence on the matter, Andy Naylor’s playing down of the likelihood of the move’s happening, and the sense that Zamora was destined to end his career at the Albion…

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just imagine if someone takes a quick free kick, Zamora makes the early run and nods it in.

I think I'd launch myself from the WSU and end my life there and then, because I will never see anything better.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just read Nayled on's piece. few facts, all opinion, basically saying we don't need Bobby as we have Hamed, but concludes by saying if we can't get anyone else and the deal is right maybe we will sign him.

He does say that he isn't a target, there has been no contact, and he hasn't visited ground or training ground.

So expect him tomorrow......

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Paul Barber wants a full Amex "Rocking" for the TV cameras against Forest - then they should bloody well tie up the Zamora deal pronto and offer some sort of Bobby-themed incentive to attend the game live.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last time Naylor tweeted about an albion legend ( that we ' had all been waiting for ' ) returning, we got HAMMOND instead, so I have no faith at all in Naylor's view on matters ZAMORA.

:lolol:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Would love us to sign him but can now only see it happening if COG is to move on. With Hemed and COG we wont need another hold up type forward but another quick movement based striker.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 21m21 minutes ago East, England

Apologies if this bursts bubbles. Just telling it how it is. #bhafc http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13360921.Talking_Point__Tomer_a_better_bet_for_Albion_than_Bobby/

FWIW I think he's right that there are better options out there. Take the whole ITK thing out for a minute and just think how many moans there will be if we sign Zamora only for him to spend most of the season out a la Kemy or Vicente's difficult second season.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 21m21 minutes ago East, England

Apologies if this bursts bubbles. Just telling it how it is. #bhafc http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13360921.Talking_Point__Tomer_a_better_bet_for_Albion_than_Bobby/

He's wrong on two counts she mend won't be better than Zamora & to suggest he may be without ever seeing him play is ludicrous. Also Z would have to take s big pay cut, well Andy, here's the news, Booby is worth £5m, doesn't need a PL salary & WOULD be happy to take a big pay cut

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FWIW I think he's right that there are better options out there. Take the whole ITK thing out for a minute and just think how many moans there will be if we sign Zamora only for him to spend most of the season out a la Kemy or Vicente's difficult second season.

Not as many moans as if we announce the signing of Cody McDonald tomorrow :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here