Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Did he do it against Juventus? Did he do it for his country? Did he do it in a European Final? Has he done it for a decade in the Premier League?

This this and more of this

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
For the first time I am actually believing this will happen. It makes too much sense for it not too.
As mentioned above he would bring a boost to the fans, great forward play, possibly a few goals and most importantly for this club recently, a commercial benefit.

Also thinking logically, no premier league team is going to be chomping at the bit to have him, if some our fans aren't sure then you can be sure he's not going to be a big signing for a top division side. Therefore you could argue he's destined for the Championship. Bobby has also always played his football in the south of England and with friends and family based in the south it's fair to say it's unlikely he'll move north at this late stage. So he's probably going to champ side in the south. The teams that qualify for that in this league are:

Brighton
Bristol City
Brentford
Fulham
Charlton
Reading

It's fair to say it will come down to who has the biggest coffers to pay for his wages and out of those I would say only Fulham could outdo us. And only us and Fulham have the 'emotional tie' as well.

I think there is a bloody good chance he's coming back.
Although he will probably now move to New York [emoji23]

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Sat 9th August, Chris plays all 90 minutes* v Sheffield Wednesday
Tue 12th August, Chris plays all 90 minutes* v Cheltenham
Saturday 16th August, Chris plays all 90 minutes* v Birmingham

He also played the full 90* in consecutive games v Derby and Reading, but they were one week apart, so not sure if that counts.

*plus added on time.

Not true. He was replaced by Fenelon in that game.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I so want Bobby back. I don't have to repeat the reasons here, enough has been said already. God forbid, but if he leaves QPR and signs for any Championship side other than BHAFC then sit back and watch all those on this thread who (apparently) don't want him get into a bin fest of slagging off the club for not signing him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The article on QPR about the 'kind' of player you need in a dressing room on the BBC website by Jenas fingered BZ as a good influence. Another reason this makes sense.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not true. He was replaced by Fenelon in that game.

I missed that, because Fenelon came on for 1 min.

COG played 92min. I'm not sure such a substitution really counts when discussing a player's ability to play consecutive 90mins.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
For the first time I am actually believing this will happen. It makes too much sense for it not too.
As mentioned above he would bring a boost to the fans, great forward play, possibly a few goals and most importantly for this club recently, a commercial benefit.

Also thinking logically, no premier league team is going to be chomping at the bit to have him, if some our fans aren't sure then you can be sure he's not going to be a big signing for a top division side. Therefore you could argue he's destined for the Championship. Bobby has also always played his football in the south of England and with friends and family based in the south it's fair to say it's unlikely he'll move north at this late stage. So he's probably going to champ side in the south. The teams that qualify for that in this league are:

Brighton
Bristol City
Brentford
Fulham
Charlton
Reading

It's fair to say it will come down to who has the biggest coffers to pay for his wages and out of those I would say only Fulham could outdo us. And only us and Fulham have the 'emotional tie' as well.

I think there is a bloody good chance he's coming back.
Although he will probably now move to New York [emoji23]

Wages will NOT be an issue, if Tony and Bobby sit down it will be the quickest deal both have ever done, because Bobby loves us and with love him and irrelevances like contracts etc will, almost uniquely, be secondary

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32685052

"People like Clint Hill, Robert Green, Bobby Zamora, whom I played with at QPR when we were relegated in 2013 and are still at the club, are examples of the type of attitude you want from your players"

Zamora hates football? Yeah right!

I agree, hate is an extreme word, perhaps slightly twisting what he actually said, but...

http://metro.co.uk/2012/11/07/qpr-striker-bobby-zamora-admits-he-doesnt-really-like-football-614900/

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wages will NOT be an issue, if Tony and Bobby sit down it will be the quickest deal both have ever done, because Bobby loves us and with love him and irrelevances like contracts etc will, almost uniquely, be secondary

Then why did he leave? Why didn't he come back sooner?

He isn't just going to choose us based on a couple of years early in his career, however successful they were and however much the fans love him. Football is still his job, and while he might be willing to come to us for less, he isn't going to come to us for whatever we offer.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Then why did he leave? Why didn't he come back sooner?

He isn't just going to choose us based on a couple of years early in his career, however successful they were and however much the fans love him. Football is still his job, and while he might be willing to come to us for less, he isn't going to come to us for whatever we offer.

Football isn't just a job.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So this seems to be gathering pace...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here