Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
exactly. i dont think the club, less so Hughton, would be interested in signing Zamora for nostalgic reasons. He is a decent professional who'd add experience and presence to any Championship side. he doesn't score alot, we all know that so shouldnt expect that. just need a goal scorer to complete the front line.

Absolutely totally agree with the "not for nostalgic reasons" bit, but would accept he could be a welcome addition. He did score the goal that got QPR promoted a year ago, and there was that cracking goal he scored in the back end of this season, lifting it gently over the advancing keeper and just under the bar with the outside of his left foot. Can't remember who it was against though.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Absolutely totally agree with the "not for nostalgic reasons" bit, but would accept he could be a welcome addition. He did score the goal that got QPR promoted a year ago, and there was that cracking goal he scored in the back end of this season, lifting it gently over the advancing keeper and just under the bar with the outside of his left foot. Can't remember who it was against though.

West Brom - strong contender for Premier League goal of the 2014-15 season it was too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSab5mgL84

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
All sentiment aside, Zamora is the very best we could hope for in terms of an experienced, proven quality striker who can hold it up and bring others into play - crucial if we are to keep playing one up front.

If we do sign him I'm sure it'll be ahead of a host of other Championship clubs who would no doubt love to have him.

Stumpy Tim

All sentiment aside, Zamora is the very best we could hope for in terms of an experienced, proven quality striker who can hold it up and bring others into play - crucial if we are to keep playing one up front.

If we do sign him I'm sure it'll be ahead of a host of other Championship clubs who would no doubt love to have him.

Exactly this. If a rival Championship club signed him people would be moaning about our lack of ambition. Zamora would be a QUALITY signing make no mistake. He might not be quite the goalscorer he was in his first spell, but he's a much better all-round player now. Will he play every game? Probably not. Will he be a key member of the squad? Absolutely.

On top of that, he would genuinely excite the Albion base. Having Zamora back would be a huge PR coup, and personally I think his signing would bring excitement levels back to Poyet days. The very thought of Zamora playing in the stripes at the Amex makes me want the season to start again

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly this. If a rival Championship club signed him people would be moaning about our lack of ambition. Zamora would be a QUALITY signing make no mistake. He might not be quite the goalscorer he was in his first spell, but he's a much better all-round player now. Will he play every game? Probably not. Will he be a key member of the squad? Absolutely.

On top of that, he would genuinely excite the Albion base. Having Zamora back would be a huge PR coup, and personally I think his signing would bring excitement levels back to Poyet days. The very thought of Zamora playing in the stripes at the Amex makes me want the season to start again

Great post!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

A big fat THIS!!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Yes, this.

SAC

May 21, 2014
He scored 3 goals in 17 matches the last time he played in the Championship at QPR. Previous to that he scored 11 in 37 for the Spammers in the Championship, not bad stats but he was 10 years younger then.

If he does sign, I think people will be expecting far too much from him

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Exactly! Why of why isn't it August!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Very well said.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He scored 3 goals in 17 matches the last time he played in the Championship at QPR. Previous to that he scored 11 in 37 for the Spammers in the Championship, not bad stats but he was 10 years younger then.

If he does sign, I think people will be expecting far too much from him

He won't score the goals for us that he once did(mostly in lower divisions), but he'll be a great foil for other players in and around him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you were a Rotherham or a Reading fan would you be happy to sign BZ?
I'd say the answer would be yes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would be great if he returned, the feel good factor, the buzz and the anticipation.
Players and supporters will be lifted alike.
The stadium noise frightening.
The experience, the quality and skill is still there, just waiting to be unlocked again.
Get him in for the preseason games and we will hit the the ground running in the new season.

100% this, with bells on..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BZ most certaily could do a job, but I would love to have another thrusting youngster do all the running
age makes not a jot of difference old, young if you can do it play.
Bolton have no problems playing Eidur Gudjohnsen and Emile Heskey.

zimmers will be at the ref's discretion.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have only renewed one of my two S/T's for next season as Daughter could only make half the games.
CH or anyone on the board. Sign BZ and I'll renew the second ticket. There's £700 straight away plus we always eat in so that's another £200.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I would be delighted if we sign Bobby Z; CH previous record with strikers isn't the best in the world. I'd be very happy signing a player who has a bit of nous about him and can think for himself on the pitch.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He'd be great. If he actually thinks he can play most weeks it's a no brainer. It's not about his goals anymore (despite imo the goal of the season), it's his all round play linking midfield to wingers. 2 new wingers + a fittish Bobby = top 6.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I completely agree Tim.

I would think that given Zamoras time with us ended 12 years ago,when I'm sure most of the current generation of 20-30 year olds were too young to remember what he bought to the team, I think that those who are negatively looking at this potential move won't remember his time with us.

Also for those who say "never go back", don't forget the positive impact and influence that Steve Foster & Jimmy Case had on the younger players who went on to better clubs than us at the time, like Paul McCarthy, Ian Chapman & Jeff Minton .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here