Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
All sounds extremely dubious Jam. At the end of Where Eagles Dare would you have gone out of the plane's door or taken your chances with the military tribunal back in London in the hope of getting off with a slap on the wrists for high treason?

Yes, that's always struck me as an odd decision. Option 1: jump to certain death; option 2: face a Court Martial with a high probability (but not absolute certainty) of death. It's a no-brainer isn't it?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
All sounds extremely dubious Jam. At the end of Where Eagles Dare would you have gone out of the plane's door or taken your chances with the military tribunal back in London in the hope of getting off with a slap on the wrists for high treason?

I'd have asked Smith for a crack at Mary, after all i'd have nothing to lose!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sounds like a bit of brinkmanship is going on. My brother in law says he spoke directly to Zamora last week at the training ground and confirms what other posters are saying :

Zamora wants 2 years, but the club are only offering 1 year.

Not dead in the water yet though apparently

The question for me though, is would Zamora really say that to a complete stranger!?
Not that I don't believe my relation or anything though!!!

If Zamora was cornered at the training ground by your brother in-law, and was asked a simple question, he couldn't deny that he and the club were in some sort of negotiation.

I presume your brother in-law either works there, delivers there, he is a stalker or just winding you up.for a larf?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Again, another article that suggests Bobby has Premier League options. Yet there are a bunch of haters on here whom believe the Albion are too good for Bobby..
Are there?

There are a few of 'us' who are concerned that Bobby may well not represent VFM within the current squad, and financial constraints.
I'm yet to see anyone say Bobby isn't good enough for the Albion.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Helicopter just flew over Hove, west to east, OBVIOUSLY from the Lancing training ground, and I could swear its ID on the side started with BZ...... Welcome back Bobby!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Zamora was cornered at the training ground by your brother in-law, and was asked a simple question, he couldn't deny that he and the club were in some sort of negotiation.

I presume your brother in-law either works there, delivers there, he is a stalker or just winding you up.for a larf?

I'd be surprised if BZ could turn up at Lancing without it getting out into the public domain within a couple of hours max, not days.

Also, what's the significance of 1st July? If we can sign Rosenior last week - another player who's been released - why not BZ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Apart from the Argus, I can't imagine there will be many/any other journos camping outside our training ground or the Amex.

That said, The Daily Mail seem to have picked up on something, but don't cite their sources (if they have any):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Brighton-following-striker-s-release-QPR.html

Didn't mean journalists. There must be plenty of staff working at Lancing doing various jobs; surely if this bloke's brother in law saw him, then plenty of others would have seen him and sent a text to their Albion supporting mates - it'd be all over Twitter in minutes.

Didn't mean journalists. There must be plenty of staff working at Lancing doing various jobs; surely if this bloke's brother in law saw him, then plenty of others would have seen him and sent a text to their Albion supporting mates - it'd be all over Twitter in minutes.

It was and that was what started this forty eight pages of disinformation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley signing BZ has to be after CoG leaves.

The club won't (better not) start the season with:-

Hamed
Baldock.
O'Grady

Zamora

That's 3 'hold up' strikers and one 'off the shoulder' runner.

Hamed clearly isn't going anywhere.
Baldock has recently been spoken about favourably by CH.
I don't think the same can be said for O'Grady.

If CoG were to go, the signing of BZ and a speedster would make the upcoming season pretty exciting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Are there?

There are a few of 'us' who are concerned that Bobby may well not represent VFM within the current squad, and financial constraints.
I'm yet to see anyone say Bobby isn't good enough for the Albion.

Hmmm. Pedant eh? There are plenty of comments about Bobby not good enough for the Albion because of potential injury problems and speculated salary demands - most of them from you old bean! There have also been a number of comments about his goals to games ratio over the last few years implying that even injury free, he may struggle to find the net. It's all about opinions though, and for some; emotions. The Hemed signing seems very much like a signing from the head; maybe it's time for a signing from the heart.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm. Pedant eh? There are plenty of comments about Bobby not good enough for the Albion because of potential injury problems and speculated salary demands - most of them from you old bean! There have also been a number of comments about his goals to games ratio over the last few years implying that even injury free, he may struggle to find the net. It's all about opinions though, and for some; emotions. The Hemed signing seems very much like a signing from the head; maybe it's time for a signing from the heart.

I'm going to have take issue with that.
There's a massive difference between questioning whether BZ can deliver what the club needs, and saying he's not good enough.

I certainly have never been that stupid, if I've given you that impression then clearly I haven't put my point across properly.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

He is in the building trade and was working there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He is in the building trade and was working there.

If anyone bumped into him, I guess the first thing they would say is have you signed. Bit of a scoop for your bro in-law if it is true.

Just seen this on Naylors twitter

BZ rumours doing the rounds again, yawn, yawn. Refer to June 21 tweet. It still stands.

June 21: Well aware of the relentless whirlwind of speculation re: BZ. According to our inside information it is just that at this juncture.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
If anyone bumped into him, I guess the first thing they would say is have you signed. Bit of a scoop for your bro in-law if it is true.

Just seen this on Naylors twitter

BZ rumours doing the rounds again, yawn, yawn. Refer to June 21 tweet. It still stands.

June 21: Well aware of the relentless whirlwind of speculation re: BZ. According to our inside information it is just that at this juncture.

i would love BZ to sign but even more so just to watch Naylor eat his tweets..

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apart from the Argus, I can't imagine there will be many/any other journos camping outside our training ground or the Amex.

That said, The Daily Mail seem to have picked up on something, but don't cite their sources (if they have any):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Brighton-following-striker-s-release-QPR.html

Completely made up. There wouldn't be any guarantee of first-team action. He'd have to take a huge pay cut and/or agree to a heavily appearance-related contract, which might happen later this summer but not until all other options with other clubs have been exhausted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here