Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora to Millwall???

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He used to attend some of the games at Withdean when he was playing for Spurs, W.Ham and Fulham. Nobody made him. He has a lot of genuine affection for Brighton.

He lives in East London so Milwall would be a good choice if he can't get a prem gig.

I am ambivalent with regard to him returning. Part of me would love it, part of me wants to remember him as the brilliant striker he was in the early Withdean years.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404915703.618531.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would pay for himself in shirt sales alone. Especally if you charged double for a Z on the back.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Would pay for himself in shirt sales alone. Especally if you charged double for a Z on the back.

That would make my Kazenga shirt way out of my price range!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He could be our Kevin Phillips. As long as we aren't relying on him to start every game and play for 90 mins it would be a brilliant move for us, if we could afford him. Experienced and a better eye for goal and the killer pass than anyone else at the club by a country mile

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He could be our Kevin Phillips. As long as we aren't relying on him to start every game and play for 90 mins it would be a brilliant move for us, if we could afford him. Experienced and a better eye for goal and the killer pass than anyone else at the club by a country mile

I agree, regardless of he's past his best, there is a whole psychological thing about bringing him on and the lift that it would give fans and players alike.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's partly for sentimental reasons I don't want him to come back. He'll never live up to expectation and will tarnish his first spell here

Which is a myth in itself.

Did Peter Ward tarnish his reputation by coming back for a second time ? Of course not.

I was lucky enough to see Ward, but Zamora is the younger generations version. Doesn't actually matter if he isn't as good. Of course he wouldn't be - but that isn't the point.

It's about turning up to see your heroes.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Which is a myth in itself.

Did Peter Ward tarnish his reputation by coming back for a second time ? Of course not.

I was lucky enough to see Ward, but Zamora is the younger generations version. Doesn't actually matter if he isn't as good. Of course he wouldn't be - but that isn't the point.

It's about turning up to see your heroes.

The danger is he might be absolutely crap.

As I intimated above, my main criterion for Zamora coming back would be if Sami thought he could use him in a way that would merit what it might cost. Nothing more and nothing less.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bobby ****ing Zamora, woo hoo!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
You may be right but how can Millwall afford his wages (they have less £ than us)?

A good mate of mine and a big Millwall fan was telling me last week one of their players is on a 20k a week contract. Pretty sure he said Scott Mcdonald.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I'm a QPR fan and believe me, you don't want or need Bobby Zamora.

He's been stealing a living at Loftus Road for two seasons.

Paceless, injury prone and lacking significant effort.

He is forgiven most of that for the goal at Wembley, but he really should consider hanging his boots up. He's finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here