Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora the David Lee of West Ham

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Reading the fans reports today on there win over Watford, poor old Bobby is taking some real stick.
Reading it was like a visit to NSC last season with threads on David Lee.
Sounds like he needs to come back to Brighton to get his playing career back on track, when you read the way they talk about him you just cant imagine it to be about the same player we all adhored.
The kinder hammers fans do put it down to confidence but he wont get that rebuilt at West Ham the way they are crucifying him.

Last edited:

bnc

Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
I think its a shame but we have to remember that, whatever Bobby is going through at the moment, he wasn't happy in the final months with us. It is sad that his move to greater things hasn't worked out as well as any of us would have hoped for him.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can we have a whip round and buy him back?

bnc

Nov 12, 2003
Surrey
Good idea, Doug, but do you honestly think he would want to come back? I think he probably feels he has outgrown us.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
a another sad fact is he does not want to come back.he said his time with the albion had come to an end and this was obvious at the end but i suppose you should never say never will west ham want to swap him for leon?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
mitch said:
a another sad fact is he does not want to come back.he said his time with the albion had come to an end and this was obvious at the end but i suppose you should never say never will west ham want to swap him for leon?

If he is playing as bad as they make out, then they would be better off letting us have him on loan. If he regained his confidence here and started scoring goals again then he might go back the player he once was or go straight to another club like Sidwell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just seen his miss on The Championship with the commentary "the unloved Bobby Zamora". A chance he would have put away with his eyes shut a couple of years ago. He needs to get away from the Spanners.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has missed a lot of one on ones for the Hammers which 9 times out of 10 he would have buried playing for us, like the play off final and yesterday when he screwed a shot wide on another 1 on 1. They really dislike him there.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I love BZ, he's a legend.

I'll say this though; I wouldn't want to see him back here! :ohmy:

The reason being he wouldn't want to be here really, his heart wouldn't be in it.
The old saying, never go back.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Untrue.

It is a complete Myth that Zamora did not cut it in Div 1 for us. He scored 14 in about 31 starts and goals per game had one of the best strikerates in the division that season.

For a bloke playing in a team that got relegated thats pretty good.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
gg you need to ask westsham fan how many chances he has misses since joining them (not as if hes not getting the service is it?)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A penalty is still a goal ??? is it not. Just because you get a penalty does not mean its a goal, you still have to score it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has been average to poor for West Ham but that is down to the fans I think. Still his 6000 pounds a week paypacket makes some compensation for him poor lad.

larus

But you don't pick somone as a striker because they are deadly from the penalty spot. You need someone that's going to score in open play as well, and that is what really counts.

IMO, LK is a better penalty taker than BZ, so does that make him a better player?

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Its hard to see where he'd go away from the Hammers with his wages... Maybe Adams will buy him if when he gets his next job, but he could do worse than come back here on loan. At least we'd support him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i tend to agree he may not be as good as we may have thought, it ciould be one of those thingsthat when he was with brighton evertything he did went right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here