Zamora death threat

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
According to the mirror Zamora pulled out of signing for the scum at the last minute because of death threats from Brighton fans. Anybody want to own up??

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it was actually because Simon Jordan refuses to pay agents fees, or at very least the size agents fee that they want, hence most of Palace's transfer deals collapse.

Blaming it on Brighton fans was an easy way to shift the blame.

The supposed death threats were to his mobile so surely the only people who have that are going to be people he knows, who are unlikely to give it to someone who is going to threaten him or send him death threats themselves.

We can put this down to Simon Jordan being a scummer I think.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
ZAMORA THREATS Feb 6 2005

CRYSTAL PALACE chairman Simon Jordan has revealed how West Ham striker Bobby Zamora rejected a £1m deadline day move to Selhurst Park after receiving death threats.

Palace had agreed a £1m fee and personal terms with the former Brighton striker, only for Zamora to pull out at the 11th hour.

Jordan said: "Everything was in place. We had agreed a £1m fee with West Ham and reached agreement over the player's personal terms.

"But Zamora pulled out at the last moment, bizarrely claiming he had been threatened with death if he went through with the move."

It is believed those threats came from fans of Zamora's former club Brighton, who view Palace as deadly rivals.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i think Palace fans are as likely to have threatened him as Albion fans ???

Bevendean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Bevendean
What a load of bollocks! If he was getting these on his mobile the police could trace them surley!:angry:

Last edited:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
True, it's probably the first thing he could think of - blame the fans. There would have been some sort of investigation if he was sent death threats surely. Me thinks SJ is hiding something about why Zamora pulled out. :angry: Typical Scummer :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports