Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Who's that pontificating prick on YouTube. Doesn't he/they realise that if you persist in hurling yourself on the floor you'll eventually end up hurting your knee. Also, his mum is going to be very cross with him for sticking all those photos on his bedroom wall

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Until I see him incarcerated in plaster of Paris I’ll assume he’s seconds away from winning a penalty. Always.

Don’t get excited. Before you can’t say, “I don’t believe it, they’ve been awarded another one” it he’ll be diving off the treatment table and spilling himself all over the pitch again.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I gave him a bit of credit for staying up in the box yesterday, but his gurning really hacked me off all the way through the match. It was like he was trying to do as many Dwayne Dibley faces as possible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He is their talisman, without him they are gonna struggle

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The 25-year-old was sent for a scan on Monday to discover the extent of the injury but has now been referred for more treatment, meaning he is expected to miss at least four weeks in the latest setback for manager Roy Hodgson.

Goalkeeper Julian Speroni and defender Martin Kelly were also both due to be sent for scans on knee and hamstring injuries on Monday, with Scott Dann, Jason Puncheon, Jeffrey Schlupp, Connor Wickham and Reuben Loftus-Cheek already among the long-term absentees.

Maybe they have a Groupon on knee scans they want to use

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think their run-in is almost the reverse of ours - tough games first and then an "easy" finish.

Losing him for the tough games and then having him back for the "easier" games wouldn't be the end of the world for them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm gonna put it on record that they will be second bottom come April but will STILL comfortably stay up

It's the palace way

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Losing him for the tough games and then having him back for the "easier" games wouldn't be the end of the world for them.
Not the end of the world for us either if they take points off our rivals. Back on 15th April is fine by me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dominic Fifield is also on the report byline now. https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...le?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true He is their lead football journalist. Whatever you think of the Guardian, they have a reputation for decent journalistic standards.

Actually, that's Daniel Taylor. Dominic Fifield is their London football correspondent (and a Palace fan, yet still a good bloke despite that). But I agree that he's a more reliable source than most and that if he has retweeted Ed Aarons' post it has more credibility.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If the worst is confirmed, at least he won’t miss the World Cup through injury. He’ll miss it for other reasons ��

They're talking about four weeks at the moment ... he’ll probably be back in time to play in some of those pre-tournament friendliest against teams that ARE going to Russia.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worrying times for Palace as the injuries begin to pile up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Judging by the opinions on this thread, whoever it was who rebuked me for suggesting elsewhere that a season long injury among the squads of our opponents was a a baleful and malignant sentiment can clearly do one. :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm gonna throw a different spin on it

I wonder if he and his Agent have been ''taped up''

And if Palace go down they will feel the need to sell to subsidise if they spend more a year outside PL and thus keeping him injury free come the next transfer window ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here