Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I very much doubt we'll sell 2 of our best players in the same window. I'm looking forward to the prospect of him and Mwepu in the middle next season, could be very interesting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is going to seriously annoy Arsenal Twitter, who've been gagging for Bissouma for about 6-8 months at this stage and we end up selling them White instead. He'll be great for them but they'll be miffed for now.

Probably going to have to start up a mug printing business just in case...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would definitely hope we’d be after a bigger fee than that for Biss.

This may be the sticking point as to why he won’t be going. We (rightfully) require a decent and fair transfer fee for a player like Biss. And many of the big boys can probably get far better value abroad.

And there’s no way we don’t sell with his contact ticking down, so Tony, Paul and the boys are probably quite motivated to give a year extension and review the situation next summer. The only spanner in the works is Man City, who would be comfortable paying the fee if it’s a player Pep wants.

Yep - Biss is worth more to us than White IMO……we can cover the loss of Ben relatively comfortably without weakening too much, doing the same with Biss is a different question altogether. Tony has already been clear that we don’t need to sell anyone.

Hope it’s not misplaced but I’m increasingly confident Biss is staying for this season at least.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is going to seriously annoy Arsenal Twitter, who've been gagging for Bissouma for about 6-8 months at this stage and we end up selling them White instead. He'll be great for them but they'll be miffed for now.

Probably going to have to start up a mug printing business just in case...

Makes it even sweeter, dunnit blud :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I very much doubt we'll sell 2 of our best players in the same window. I'm looking forward to the prospect of him and Mwepu in the middle next season, could be very interesting.

[emoji1786]

Biss - The Computer - Gross - Lallana - Moises all competing for Center mid (not to mention others).

What a squad our club is assembling.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I would think he’s worth £50M to us. The other potential selling point is we now have evidence of someone signing an improved, longer contract, and then being allowed to depart a year later. You’d think that will be being pointed out to Biss to try and get him to sign (fingers crossed).

Exactly. ‘ Biss , sign here to double your wages and give you the protection for income should you get injured. By the way, as proven by the Ben White sale, if a decent offer comes in for you next summer which meets our valuation then we won’t stand in your way’. the Covid losses for many clubs will have been mitigated at this point and the market will be a bit hotter. Mwepu, Moder and Caicedo will have all had a year more to bed in by this point too.
🤞

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hope it’s not misplaced but I’m increasingly confident Biss is staying for this season at least.

Assuming he signs, the only way he doesn't after that is if someone bids properly stupid money for him (£75m+). Which becomes even more of a win-win.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There is definitely an announcement incoming…

Let’s hope it’s nothing silly now. But it does point to something Biss related.

[tweet]1416712303563640834[/tweet]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There is definitely an announcement incoming…

Let’s hope it’s nothing silly now. But it does point to something Biss related.

[tweet]1416712303563640834[/tweet]

Not on Twitter anymore but when I was, I don’t remember the Albion Twitter being as playful as they seem to be today going through the tweets. Are they always like that these days?

As you say, it certainly seems like something’s in the offing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not on Twitter anymore but when I was, I don’t remember the Albion Twitter being as playful as they seem to be today going through the tweets. Are they always like that these days?

They’re pretty good most of the time and have definitely got more playful……..quite in tune with the fans. Best tweet recently was instantly posting a picture of Dunk in his Pride rainbow captain’s armband as soon news broke UEFA had reprimanded (or were ‘investigating’) Neuer for wearing one. Class.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

They can be playful with announcements especially this time of year.

Sunday does seem a strange day. I did wonder if maybe the club wanted to release some positive news to offset that Ben W. is leaving.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Bissouma does sign a new contract and with the signing of Mwepu, the (assumed) sale of White and potential signing of that spanish left back does that suggest we're going to a 4-3-3 for next season?

If we go with a midfield two we'd be looking at Bissouma plus one of Mwepu, Lallana, Moder, Gross, Alzate. That would be a lot of quality players not getting game time.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Bissouma does sign a new contract and with the signing of Mwepu, the (assumed) sale of White and potential signing of that spanish left back does that suggest we're going to a 4-3-3 for next season?

If we go with a midfield two we'd be looking at Bissouma plus one of Mwepu, Lallana, Moder, Gross, Alzate. That would be a lot of quality players not getting game time.
With March and Lamptey back plus the anticipated signing of Cucarella it will be 3-4-3 for me, Biss and Mwepu CMs and the Full backs playing almost as wingers.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Not really, Lallana can be game managed or injured. Gross great player but will be replaced next season? Alzate will probably suffer the most having less time than now. Mwepu, Moises, Molumby, Moder, Khadra eased into contention with Moder then Mwepu gaining most game time. Exciting times.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not really, Lallana can be game managed or injured. Gross great player but will be replaced next season? Alzate will probably suffer the most having less time than now. Mwepu, Moises, Molumby, Moder, Khadra eased into contention with Moder then Mwepu gaining most game time. Exciting times.

From what I've seen of Khradra, he looks more like a wide forward. Can he play centrally?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Exiting times indeed!!

Makes the long trek to Gillingham seem like another lifetime ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here