Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Fred joined MU for £47m 3 years ago. Rodri £56m. Jorghino £51m. Partey £45m. Fabinho £40m. Xhaka £41m. Matic £40m.

I cannot imagine TB will let Biss go for anything below £40m. Not a chance. Biss should be allowed to leave, but as said above - if his valuation is met. If we're a pushover on this now, we'll always be a pushover to the bigger clubs. Southampton haven't sold £200m in players because they just allow players to leave...

£40m still seems low to me. Are any of that lot better than him? I know other factors are involved, but that must mean something. He's our best player and if English would walk into the England team, no?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
£40m still seems low to me. Are any of that lot better than him? I know other factors are involved, but that must mean something. He's our best player and if English would walk into the England team, no?

Completely agree. I think he is better than most of them, getting better and showing huge progress. Also, what value do you put on the impact his absence will have on our side? Is £40m anywhere near compensation for the impact him going will have.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I guess I'm plalying devil's advocate here, but only because I'm aware that its easy to look at things from a Brighton perspective, which is that he's brilliant and we want a fortune for him (rightly so).

But to put it simply, he doesn't play for one of the big nations like Spain, France, Germany, Italy etc, and he hasn't played european football. So his value is based on 5 years of Premier League football. Which is not to be sneezed at, but when people are talking about 75million for him, thats what England internationals go for, and players who have had a run in the Champions League.

I personally think 30 to 35 seems low, but 40 to 45 is probably market value. I'm sure we want to hold on to him and would happily turn that fee down, unless a big club is interested and he wants to go. We may have turned down Leeds previously, but we have always said that if a top 4 club comes knocking we wouldnt stand in the way of someone if they really want to go. If that situation comes up, then it is about getting the best deal. That might involve taking a lower fee up front with add ons to supplement the fee over time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There's an argument to say this would be good for him (leaving aside the potential mega bucks if he moves now).

He's a fantastic player but taking off my blue and white glasses he's not - yet - quite the finished article.

Being super critical, his shooting needs to improve and sometimes he looks like a walking yellow card.

These two things will probably improve if he goes to a top six club now but so they would if he stayed with us for a bit.

Are we getting a bit carried away as to how good he really is?

At the end of the day it'll be down to him whether he wants to go now or give Potter the chance to put the finishing touches.

Having said all that, I think he will probably move on now and if he does, bloody good luck to him.

I really don't think that we are getting carried away with how good he is. Some of his tackling is just sublime. Vs the Arse, he lost the ball and their player was running towards our goal, he tackled them from behind, got the ball, didn't trip their player and ran with it towards their goal. I looked at it and thought how the F did he do that without fouling?

Yes the odd one will be mis timed and be a yellow. Yes he needs to be told not to shoot.

But as the top tackler in the PL this season, Gary Lineker tweeting a couple of times how great he is (not seen that on any of our other players) and almost every pundit commentator has said during our games, how much they rate him, its not just us and our blue and white striped specs.

Sure he's not the finished article but he's got the potential to be a CL winner in the right team imo.

The lad is a genius with the ball.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really don't think that we are getting carried away with how good he is. Some of his tackling is just sublime. Vs the Arse, he lost the ball and their player was running towards our goal, he tackled them from behind, got the ball, didn't trip their player and ran with it towards their goal. I looked at it and thought how the F did he do that without fouling?

Yes the odd one will be mis timed and be a yellow. Yes he needs to be told not to shoot.

But as the top tackler in the PL this season, Gary Lineker tweeting a couple of times how great he is (not seen that on any of our other players) and almost every pundit commentator has said during our games, how much they rate him, its not just us and our blue and white striped specs.

Sure he's not the finished article but he's got the potential to be a CL winner in the right team imo.

He's an even bigger genius without it when he's trying to get it back :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m not sure the price would be discounted because we already have a replacement. No need to squander the advantages of good succession recruitment. Any club that buys Bissouma will have to outbid competitors so I would expect to only sell at 75 million. The best option is he stays one more season so if staying or 75m are the two possible outcomes, that’s fine.

This.

There were clearly bidding wars over the EPL-to-EPL signings of Maguire, Wan Bissaka & VVD. Those huge transfer figures needed a competitive market to be realised.

If Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Man Utd go head to head for the proven world class premier league talent we have in Bissouma, £75m is where we could get to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is the best defensive midfielder in the league. If he goes, he has to go to a CL team for at least £60m.

Put him alongside Pogba in midfield in a 1-3-2-4 formation and Utd would win the Premier League. He’s that good. He’d allow Pogba to become world class again. £30m for that outcome is insulting.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we want to go for that top 10 place we need to be keeping hold of Biss, alhought i agree its unlikely. If the only offer on the table currently is Arsenal (mid table, no European football Arsenal) then I wouldnt be surprised if we he takes a new deal with us this summer, and then next year if his form continues he ends up going to City or Liverpool.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Put him alongside Pogba in midfield in a 1-3-2-4 formation and Utd would win the Premier League. He’s that good. He’d allow Pogba to become world class again. £30m for that outcome is insulting.

Quite, a proven PL player who can skin anyone.

PL teams pay £30m for proven Championship players.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020

???

Screenshot 2021-05-25 114211.png

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He will be a Brighton player next season.

Clearly there will be huge interest and there are lots of unknowns, but I agree insofar as it's not the foregone conclusion everyone thinks it is

My thinking.

Transfer budgets from the big UK clubs will be down this summer. I reckon maybe two thirds to a half of what they would have been two years ago. Club accountants will be telling some of them not to spend anything at all

Real Madrid and Barca are screwed money-wise. They are usually a big source of trickle down spending. (Chelsea and Man U will probably step into that gap, but that shouldn't affect trickle down spending as big 6 PL clubs won't sell to each other)

The remaining clubs who could afford £45m ish for a midfielder are likely to be viewing Biss as one of a cluster of targets, for example Rice and Berge from the UK, but crucially are likely to be thinking that there's greater value to be found from stricken continental clubs

Some of the clubs linked to Biss have got more obvious gaps to remedy than Central midfield.

The most important factor which is a huge unknown to us is Tony Bloom's mindset on this. How will he weight the competing demands of not wanting to be perceived as standing in a players way with not wanting to be perceived as being a soft touch in the transfer market. There's a lot of speculation on this and a lot saying what they would do or what they think Tony will do. But none of us know how what his mindset as his resolve here hasn't been tested. My only guide in this is that we know he's prepared to play poker style brinkmanship and doesn't need to go and buy a replacement, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take it to deadline day.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Don't forget teams can't just go to the continent and get cheap players due to brexit, so a player who already has a work permit might go for more.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think Yves is happy here, he is settled and we have targets of our own we want to meet i.e. Top 10.

Yves could protentially be in a top team next season.....

....with us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Yves is happy here, he is settled and we have targets of our own we want to meet i.e. Top 10.

Yves could protentially be in a top team next season.....

....with us.

This would be the best contract activity we’d have all summer (and he’d need a huge new contract!) but I’m not going to get my hopes up in the slightest.

I just don’t want to make the pain of his inevitable departure any worse by believing that we’ve got a chance of keeping him thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports