Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Has stated publicly he wants out for a while now... Can't see why it should now affect the current price but I think he's definitely off. Most likely for around 40 mil + addons. Can't see him going for less than that. TB is no mug

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/yves-bissouma-requests-brighton-amp-hove-albion-exit-cs2572hwl

Article from May 9th with no reference to us setting a price. There was an unsubstatiated post on Twitter which implied the source was The Times but again with no actual quote to an article. Utter nonsense. He may well want out - we've all known that for ages. But we haven't set and price and therefore we haven't reduced a price. Silly Twitter spod trying to get attention.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
That is absolute rubbish.

If we were to do this, it would send a message to all players now and in the future that they just need to "want to leave" for any prospective clubs to get a discounted price on them.

We will push for as much money as possible. We need to reiterate that we are not a selling club, but all players have their price.

I'd be disappointed if we "only" got £40m for him tbh.

Given that Brentford got £30 million last year for a striker unproven in the prem and want £35 million this year for the same, £30 million for a prove prem midfielder who is being courted by all the top clubs seems low. I'm sure it's through blue and white tinted spectacles that i think the fair market value for a player in Bissouma's bracket is £50 million, so lets split the differennce and say that the fair market value is £40 million. Given that we don't want to sell him, there has to be more to it than fair makret value which again puts us back up to £50 million.

Personally with Moder already looking good enough to fill the gap, I'd possibly accept £35 to £40 million, but only if it included a hefty sell on fee and realistic add ons to bump it up to £50 millionish in the next few years.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So after all those summers of persuading Dunky to stay and turning down bid after bid for Ben White last year, Bissouma just has to say ''Boss, i'd like to leave'' for Tony to knock 25% off his asking price at a time when we need more money than ever. Absolute bollox.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect the £30m figure is coming from his agent and possibly Arsenal. Ie they are giving a starting point for their negotiations.
For what it’s worth I think we have set the marker for opening bids that we’ll take seriously at £40m. I can only really see a CL qualifier being able to match it.
Therefore I think Liverpool are in the hot seat.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I expect it will be between 30 and 40. Which I think is an absolutely fair price. I don't see why people are arguing over 5 to 10 million. If Biss wants to leave he should be allowed to and despite some of the comparisons (Watkins and Partey) people sating 45 have just plucked that figure out of thin air. If he wants out let him go and let's concentrate on building for next year.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I expect it will be between 30 and 40. Which I think is an absolutely fair price. I don't see why people are arguing over 5 to 10 million. If Biss wants to leave he should be allowed to and despite some of the comparisons (Watkins and Partey) people sating 45 have just plucked that figure out of thin air. If he wants out let him go and let's concentrate on building for next year.

£10m represents 25% of that potential fee, so its hardly nothing. £10m could also buy us the left back we need, for example. We will be squeezing for every penny. £30m just doesnt represent a good deal for us. £30m might be where his true value is, but we dont want to sell him, so any fee paid will need to be over the top of that.

Yes, every transfer is a different situation so you cant say ''well player X was bought for this amount so we want the same'' but those comparisons do provide a small portion of the guide to where the market is and what teams will pay.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Considering we paid £17m for him i doubt £13m profit is what the club are after here. The fee will be in excess of £40m.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
So after all those summers of persuading Dunky to stay and turning down bid after bid for Ben White last year, Bissouma just has to say ''Boss, i'd like to leave'' for Tony to knock 25% off his asking price at a time when we need more money than ever. Absolute bollox.

Completely agree. Cannot see TB rolling over in some hazy haven't we done wonderful developing this player, here have him slightly cheaper because we're all such happy chappies...

I don't expect TB to entirely block a move to a significantly bigger club (he hasn't really had that challenge yet), but I expect him to stand firm and tell Biss that unless they offer the club's valuation, he won't be going.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Considering we paid £17m for him i doubt £13m profit is what the club are after here. The fee will be in excess of £40m.

This, he is simply twice the player he was when he signed for us, and his replacement if we had to go and buy one would not be cheap.
Just because we feel we may already have a replacement lined up, has nothing to do with our asking price.

If we sold him for as low as 30-35 million I would be expecting a massive sell on clause something like 40%

We don't need the money, and we are not a charity for the big clubs, if they want him, pay fair dollar or feck off.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Completely agree. Cannot see TB rolling over in some hazy haven't we done wonderful developing this player, here have him slightly cheaper because we're all such happy chappies...

I don't expect TB to entirely block a move to a significantly bigger club (he hasn't really had that challenge yet), but I expect him to stand firm and tell Biss that unless they offer the club's valuation, he won't be going.

I think this where we are at.

We won't stand in his way if the price is right. This is always our position. The only different factor this time is that we feel that offer will/has been met. Therefore a tad more acceptance that he is leaving from the club.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Fred joined MU for £47m 3 years ago. Rodri £56m. Jorghino £51m. Partey £45m. Fabinho £40m. Xhaka £41m. Matic £40m.

I cannot imagine TB will let Biss go for anything below £40m. Not a chance. Biss should be allowed to leave, but as said above - if his valuation is met. If we're a pushover on this now, we'll always be a pushover to the bigger clubs. Southampton haven't sold £200m in players because they just allow players to leave...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Given that Brentford got £30 million last year for a striker unproven in the prem and want £35 million this year for the same, £30 million for a prove prem midfielder who is being courted by all the top clubs seems low. I'm sure it's through blue and white tinted spectacles that i think the fair market value for a player in Bissouma's bracket is £50 million, so lets split the differennce and say that the fair market value is £40 million. Given that we don't want to sell him, there has to be more to it than fair makret value which again puts us back up to £50 million.

Personally with Moder already looking good enough to fill the gap, I'd possibly accept £35 to £40 million, but only if it included a hefty sell on fee and realistic add ons to bump it up to £50 millionish in the next few years.

I’m not sure the price would be discounted because we already have a replacement. No need to squander the advantages of good succession recruitment. Any club that buys Bissouma will have to outbid competitors so I would expect to only sell at 75 million. The best option is he stays one more season so if staying or 75m are the two possible outcomes, that’s fine.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We don't need the money, and we are not a charity for the big clubs, if they want him, pay fair dollar or feck off.

Exactly. Above all else Tony is a business man, and if Biss is to leave his primary ambition will be to get a top price for him. He would not be a very good businessman and not be as rich as he is, if he undersold one of our best assets. People outside of BHAFC might think £40-50m is too much, but this is not an item for sale where we're trying to sell it for a fair price so everyone can be happy, we want an unfair price, one that favours us and helps our bank balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports