Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll be off I reckon.

Hopefully the fee is HUGE. And it all gets done at the very start of the window.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe... I read it as the complete opposite - the article on Potter being a father figure etc...

Now is the time to earn your salt as a poster, given that you claim to be the most ITK person on NSC.

Are you telling me he is staying? :smile:

*waitswithbatedbreath*

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If so, the fee will be a lot, lot more than £30m.

I can envisage most of the ‘top six’ being interested in him because he is just better than a lot of their DMs; for me, that means an auction style transfer saga in the summer where Liverpool compete with, say, Man City for his signature. TB’s negotiation skills will surely mean we get top dollar for him, whether that is at the beginning of the window or the end.

The only other possibility to a sale that does not involve a public auction is that we’ve identified a top striker/left back who’ll be part of some sort of swap deal? Could Biss be heading to Chelsea?

I don't think it works like that really, we will have a figure in mind and several clubs could meet it, it is then down to Biss and his agent to work out which, if any, of the clubs they want to accept. We may hold out for a larger sum if there are several clubs interested, but at some point we will say yes to a figure, or package and others could match it. When we signed CMS, other interested clubs had offers that were accepted by Peterborough, CMS chose to come to Brighton, despite better wages being offered elsewhere, because he thought it was a better move for his career.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It won’t be a case of one club paying the lowest we’ll accept. It’ll be a case of multiple clubs, and who is willing to pay the most.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Love that video. Love Bissouma. One of those rare players that the entire fanbase took to from the word go. Very much hope he stays and he's happy staying.

Will be wishing him all the best if he does go

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I was hoping he’d be going to a big club, but £42m is ok. Take that in the current environment and wish him well.

I’d suggest that we are some way off selling any player to a top/super club but more likely to a European chasing club like arsenal, Everton, Leicester etc. Biss is great but not City, Liverpool, Barca, Madrid level.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not overly au fait with these things, do we know what the largest transfer fee we've ever received for a player is? I'd imagine Yves will be breaking it quite handsomely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Now is the time to earn your salt as a poster, given that you claim to be the most ITK person on NSC.

Are you telling me he is staying? :smile:

*waitswithbatedbreath*

I am CLEARY the most ITK man women or non binary on NCS and I’m saying I have a SCOPE that he’s DEF GOING to SING a contract!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am CLEARY the most ITK man women or non binary on NCS and I’m saying I have a SCOPE that he’s DEF GOING to SING a contract!
Well I thought he was definitely off but that video being released has me wondering if he is about to sign a new contract with promise he can move on after another season. Seems odd to me with all the rumours about this video has surfaced or resurfaced as the case may be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great vid.

I'd be a little disappointed if he's Arsenal bound, it would be good to see him at the pointy end of European competition.

One or two more videos like that and GPott will also be offski, Biss is basically crediting him with about £20m - which is nice.

He also makes me believe the only way we can affect his game against us :down: next season is to repeatedly do his chant. He'd be a mess!

Anyone thinking of booing him, even for pantomime effect, can f**k right off, right now.
You're no fan of the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I thought he was definitely off but that video being released has me wondering if he is about to sign a new contract with promise he can move on after another season. Seems odd to me with all the rumours about this video has surfaced or resurfaced as the case may be.

The cynical way to look at it would be:-

Biss is singing elsewhere.
Biss is holding the scarf above his head.
'The media' go looking for the backstory.
Find it...

...With The Albion and American Express plastered all over it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm not crying, you're crying

As I speak French, I can confirm that what he is really saying is that Potter is a prat, Brighton is a sh1thole and he can't wait to get out of here.

Or, Joking aside, I loved it, and him. I particularly liked the bit where, talking about comparisons to Pogba, he says "I try to be better than myself."

He not only passes the No Dickhead policy with flying colours, he should be held up as an example of how to do it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports