Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think £50m might be a bit optimistic but Circa £40m wouldn't be, the lad is a good age coming into his own and a good age. What's really heartening is that losing arguably our best player isn't perceived as a disaster and we have three potential replacements at the club already all of which can reach similar levels given time. That puts us in a good negotiating position and is concrete proof of the new strategy and recruitment teams good work.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd love him to do one more season on an improved contract but, as a few have said above, we have been told all along that the way we are going to survive in the Premier League (and even creep up it a bit) is to buy young and sell players at their peak, so it would be no surprise, and we have signed other young potential replacements.

If he does go, he'll always get a welcome back. Glenn, Bobby etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love him to do one more season on an improved contract but, as a few have said above, we have been told all along that the way we are going to survive in the Premier League (and even creep up it a bit) is to buy young and sell players at their peak, so it would be no surprise, and we have signed other young potential replacements.

If he does go, he'll always get a welcome back. Glenn, Bobby etc

Selling Biss now would be a long way from his peak.

It's amazing to think the club just can't wait that long to ship him out!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Better wages for the months before he leaves is a pretty good reason imo

So you think Biss would sign a new contract giving him about a $20k-$30k per week pay rise for 3 months and reduce his chance of being sold this summer, rather than not sign a new contract and get his move this summer with a $60k-80k per week pay rise with a 5 year contract?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arsenal logic will be if they can get Thomas Partey for £45m, a Champions League experienced player from a big club like Athletico Madrid, then they'll be able to get Bissouma for more like £25-30m from little old Brighton. I think the money we'd want could scare them off & he'll actually end up at Liverpool.

And throw into the mix the cost of Martin Odegaard who has done well for them on loan from Real Madrid - if they could permanently sign him they won't get much change from £50 million.

I know he is more of a right-sided midfielder but it seems a bit of a stretch for a club set to miss out on Champions League for the 4th season in a row to be splashing big money on Partey, Odegaard and Bissouma having just agreed a £350K a week deal with Aubameyang.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
25mil plus add ons is my guess,sorry I don’t think he is not worth 50 ml......He will get a huge wage increase however.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
25mil plus add ons is my guess,sorry I don’t think he is not worth 50 ml......He will get a huge wage increase however.

I think you’ve typed a two there instead of a three. £35m absolute min with add ins, but frankly I’d expect our asking price is nearer £40m. We paid £15m and that was a risk on a young player.
I think we actually think the end of the season is the best time to sell him. Also, if it means that we keep White and Lamptey I’d be ok with it as we have Moder and Moises Caicedo in the pipeline.I’d miss Yves, but I think he wants the next challenge, and he’s certainly capable of it.
Plus, if we really are to be seen as a stepping stone for the bright, ambitious stars of the future, then we need to show the path ahead and what a great example Yves would be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Bought for ca £16m, according to reports earning £1.2m per year so thats another £3.6m, then you have the costs of providing the player with food, kit and a lot of other costs so lets add another million or so. Fair chance of at least a small sell-on clause for Lille... so a profit of one or two million pounds for developing one of the strongest ball winning midfielders in the league?

if Bissouma is sold for £25m, TB, DA, GP, your mum and her neighbour all need to resign and stay as far away from anything football related as humanly possible.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bought for ca £16m, according to reports earning £1.2m per year so thats another £3.6m, then you have the costs of providing the player with food, kit and a lot of other costs so lets add another million or so. Fair chance of at least a small sell-on clause for Lille... so a profit of one or two million pounds for developing one of the strongest ball winning midfielders in the league?

if Bissouma is sold for £25m, TB, DA, GP, your mum and her neighbour all need to resign and stay as far away from anything football related as humanly possible.

£25m is way too cheap but why are you factoring wages/expenses into his “worth”. Are you forgetting that we have had his services during that period?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m having a good chuckle at these £25m - £40m guesses. What nonsense!

It’s going to be £60m+ if Tony is to let him go.
He is a PROVEN EPL player FFS, look at the costs of arguably weaker players than Biss from abroad:

Jorginho £57m 27yrs old. Napoli - Chelsea
N’Dombele £65m 22yrs old. Lyon - Spurs
Thomas Partey £45m (release clause) 27yrs old. A Madrid - Arsenal

Add on the EPL experience (looking at transfers like Maguire & Wan-Bissaka), factor in Tony’s bartering skills then realise that there will most likely be a bidding war and you get to my figure.

If he is only worth £25m, he’ll be with us for the rest of his career. As much as I’d like that, I’d be annoyed if Tony sold him for double that as I think £50m would be cheap!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If we're rejecting £25 Million pound bids for Ben White without a single minute of Premier League football, god only knows how high Tony must hold Bissouma's price tag.

I expect that figure to just be our profit on the deal, at a bare minimum. Even then I'd be a little disappointed.

Christ...Brighton possibly selling players for 50 million pounds... How times have changed.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He will probably be the first player since Ulloa that we had to sell because the money was too good to turn down.
Like others have said though, Caicedo and Moder seems to have been brought in with this in mind, unlike the Ulloa transfer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’ll only be sold for a minimum of £40m. Proven in the EPL, several clubs have a soft underbelly in CM, Bissouma ticks all the boxes.

£25m is the price range for Championship stars, such as £28m Watkins.

With crowds back soon and a load of billionaire owners, transfer spending at a load of clubs desperate for success will resume.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
£50m for me. Or more to be honest, seeing as we don’t need/want to sell. If Wan Bissaka is at United for £50m. If City are spending £41m on Ake from relegated Bournemouth. If we’re rejecting £35m for a Ben White before he’s even kicked a ball in the Prem. If Arsenal are spending £72m on Pepe & £45m on Partey. Then why would we let one of our star assets go for cheap. I’m not saying Bissouma is currently worth £50m+ but the buyer needs to make it worth our while & pay over the top. £25/30m would be a joke. We bought Webster for £22m didn’t we?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

So you think we’d accept a bid for a key first teamer which is significantly less than the bid we rejected for Championship only Ben White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here