Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
When Webster, March and Lamptey return, I'd be tempted to put Bissouma up front with Maupey. At least he has a go at goal and picks up the ball and dominates with it. He's also not scared to pass it to someone else if they can do something with it. Those two driving forward together and unleashing a few hard shots on goal might get a few in - although Biss needs to keep it a bit lower of course.

And if we could get Lamptey to personally deliver it to one of them in the final third, having picked it up at the back, we may even do well in this league.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are the only options that he blasts it into row z or loses the ball?

Most often he finds a pass forwards or backwards but if there is any risk of losing it, he shoots and considering its usually from a great distance he is always unlikely to score. Its a common strategy to have a player take these "defensive/strategic shots", Jorginho in Chelsea is a great example of someone commonly doing this, but its not like it happens ten times every game. Bissouma shots on average a little more than one shot per game.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Most often he finds a pass forwards or backwards but if there is any risk of losing it, he shoots and considering its usually from a great distance he is always unlikely to score. Its a common strategy to have a player take these "defensive/strategic shots", Jorginho in Chelsea is a great example of someone commonly doing this, but its not like it happens ten times every game. Bissouma shots on average a little more than one shot per game.

Only 5 of Bissouma's 25 shots this season have been from corners.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What would you do about Bissouma's underwhelming form?

Drop him?
Continue with him?

And do you think there is any truth in the idea that he's just trying to get through the season without injury, or is that just a load of bollocks?

If you were going to drop him, who for? MacAllister? Alzate? Moder? Propper? or some sort of change of system?

I mean he hasn't been bad as such, just not as effective as earlier in the season.

Bit of a conundrum

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
He plays a bit like he's coasting. I think it's too high stakes to change it now but if we beat Newcastle then we could consider mixing it up...although with Everton and United to play who knows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What would you do about Bissouma's underwhelming form?

Drop him?
Continue with him?

And do you think there is any truth in the idea that he's just trying to get through the season without injury, or is that just a load of bollocks?

If you were going to drop him, who for? MacAllister? Alzate? Moder? Propper? or some sort of change of system?

I mean he hasn't been bad as such, just not as effective as earlier in the season.

Bit of a conundrum

Yes you are right ...not bad at all but not as good as we’ve come to expect...might be just me but form dropped when the rumours started

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He plays a bit like he's coasting. I think it's too high stakes to change it now but if we beat Newcastle then we could consider mixing it up...although with Everton and United to play who knows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If he has a blinder against Man U, I think we might be collectively smelling a rat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do players just switch off during the season when the transfer window is months away? I don’t see it

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is putting in consistant 7 performances instead of 8 or 9... its perfectly normal to not be able to keep his world class performances up for an entire season. Talking about dropping him is ridiculous, if he got injured or something it would take 10 minutes before you realised how wrong you were.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Drop Bissouma?! Seriously?! Seems to be a big over reaction, he’s fine, playing well still. Not at the heights of earlier this season but that would be almost impossible, he’s probably knackered like most players who have played as much as he has this season.

We’ve just won, enjoy it, stop looking for problems that aren’t there.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He's been a lot more exposed since Solly got injured and I think this has impacted his performance.

And he hasn't even been BAD, so to speak, just below par. Which happens, players lose form and then gain it again.

What makes no sense is everyone saying he's downed tools and no longer has his head in Brighton. He's playing for a relegation threatened team, he'd surely be doing everything possible to put himself in the shop window?

It would be madness to drop our best player during the most important stage in our season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He's been a lot more exposed since Solly got injured and I think this has impacted his performance.

And he hasn't even been BAD, so to speak, just below par. Which happens, players lose form and then gain it again.

What makes no sense is everyone saying he's downed tools and no longer has his head in Brighton. He's playing for a relegation threatened team, he'd surely be doing everything possible to put himself in the shop window?

It would be madness to drop our best player during the most important stage in our season.

Totally agree but you have to wonder why his form dropped just at the same time as strong talk of a big money move.
Even the club said make the most of him and you know what agents are like, maybe its all been agreed.
But a half cock Biss is still good enough.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I don't think it's madness to air the suggestion of downing tools on a forum bearing in mind his lengthy dip from his previous high high standards. Ryan Fraser took it to the n'th degree with Bournemouth last season, downing tools and actually refusing to sign a short contract extension to help his relegation threatened and ultimately relegated team. Must admit I have thought the withdrawal of biting tackles from his game may be related to waiting out the season for a career changing move. On the other hand, he is a young overseas player in only his first full season as a first choice Premier League player in the most trying of global circumstances. Also Potter could have told him not to take so many risks on the pitch and focus on other areas of his game to improve his outcomes. Avoid bookings at the business end of the season. Potter also said we should enjoy him while we can. I'm happy to do that, especially today.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He is putting in consistant 7 performances instead of 8 or 9... its perfectly normal to not be able to keep his world class performances up for an entire season. Talking about dropping him is ridiculous, if he got injured or something it would take 10 minutes before you realised how wrong you were.

This. His levels are usually so high, but he's still playing well IMO... very little got passed him today. Keep going, Biss.!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. His levels are usually so high, but he's still playing well IMO... very little got passed him today. Keep going, Biss.!

Agreed, I don’t think I had a “FFS Bissouma” moment in the game. I did have them with Burn, Gross and Maupay.

Not Bissouma’s best game but he played OK

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He was a bit wayward with his passing in the first half but improved in the second and looked close to his normal self. Even the top players in the league have struggled for consistency with the relentless nature of this season so it’s understandable that his standards have dropped a bit recently.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Agreed, I don’t think I had a “FFS Bissouma” moment in the game. I did have them with Burn, Gross and Maupay.

Not Bissouma’s best game but he played OK

Yes, exactly. From memory Biss lost the ball a few times (not in critical area), recovered mostly, nothing spectacular but pretty tidy in that position, stopped Saints playing through the middle!. It's a solid 6.5 or 7 from me today 👍

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's indicative about Potter's thinking is that it's very rare that Biss is subbed.

The international break is well timed though. He just needs to be putting his feet up for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here