Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I genuinely believe that Yves Bissouma is our best player.

Conversely, I genuinely believe that he was not missed yesterday at all.

How amazingly bizarre.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
have to agree with that but i just hope we get decent money for him , 30 million is a steal.

The days of other clubs stealing our best players for nothing are long gone , we are in such a strong position now we can demand top dollar or the playe4 does not leave , eg Ben White for 50 million

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Pre game I thought we would massively miss him but it took me til most of my journey home to even give that a second thought. Lallana, Gross, and Moder were brilliant in midfield.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

How amazingly bizarre.

This. Vs The Scum both Biss and Webster I thought were totally the reason we just didn't 'click'.

And then GPott goes and turns it around totally in the next game. What a frigging genius.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

How amazingly bizarre.
Totally agree. I think it goes to show that (unfortunately) Patrick Vieira is a better manager than Arteta. Vieira's Nïgels pressed us for much of the game and without Biss tidying up and driving us forward, we didn't get a real grip on that game until the last 20 mins.

Arteta must have known there was a real chance of Bissouma not playing yet his side let us settle on the ball from about the 10th minute, thus rendering us missing Bissouma's biggest strength totally irrelevant. Quite poor, and I think we'll finish above them.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Totally agree. I think it goes to show that (unfortunately) Patrick Vieira is a better manager than Arteta. Vieira's Nïgels pressed us for much of the game and without Biss tidying up and driving us forward, we didn't get a real grip on that game until the last 20 mins.

Arteta must have known there was a real chance of Bissouma not playing yet his side let us settle on the ball from about the 10th minute, thus rendering us missing Bissouma's biggest strength totally irrelevant. Quite poor, and I think we'll finish above them.
Not entirely sure what happened yesterday but we got comfortably outplayed twice last season by arsenal.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Spent most the day yesterday in that office next to the police box on his phone - the boys obsessed

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Difference yesterday I think was having Moder in there as well adding a bit more pace, mobility and strength. Lallana knows how to press and guides the team but you still have to have the legs and energy to do it together at the right time and also the legs to get back if it’s beaten. We were brave. Potter went 4-5 at their goal kicks. They often had no idea when they went short bar kick it out if play. Play it long we were going to win 99% of headers and pick up the 2nd ball. Tactically spot on yesterday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think us having to add a third player to the midfield to look as a strong in that area as we do when Biss plays says it all.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Exactly as I saw it too. Couldn't believe that Arsenal press us having seen the impact that it had on our effectiveness at Smellhurst. We have consistently struggled against sides that press aggressively if they can keep it up for the whole game - Arsenal just aren't that kind of side.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I think that over a season he is worth more to us than 25 million. Worth a few league places. He is on relatively low wages etc. I would rather we let him go for nothing than take a really little amount. The risk is obvious that he might down tools but he doesn’t seem the sort.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think that over a season he is worth more to us than 25 million. Worth a few league places. He is on relatively low wages etc. I would rather we let him go for nothing than take a really little amount. The risk is obvious that he might down tools but he doesn’t seem the sort.

So in that case why not give Bissouma the £25m to stay on another season? (that's about what Ronaldo gets)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So in that case why not give Bissouma the £25m to stay on another season? (that's about what Ronaldo gets)

Because it would set a precedence for others. Who next to run their contract down? Lamptey? Dunk? Webster? Pay them £25m each?

Plus its not going to be all about the money if (when) a CL club comes knocking. It's about proving himself at the highest level which he's said in an interview and we aren't.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That is the equivalent of paying a £25 million loan fee on a 1 year loan.

We'd never do it for any player.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is what a large percentage of our fans can't seem to get their heads round.
Without Bissouma signing a new contract we have an asset diminishing in value.
To a certain extent.

If we get the hoped for bidding war then that is an auction to the highest bidder regardless of remaining contract length. All bidders won't agree to only bid low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports