Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] You've got to love Palace..

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're not at Arsenals level yet
YET ?
Thank you for my first laugh of the new year !
Brilliant stuff :thumbsup:
Yes, fair point actually (if you read it that way). But to clarify, we're obviously never going to reach Arsenal's level in terms of achievement, but sadly I get the distinct impression that we will reach their level in terms of fan boredom - and much quicker than they did as well.

Are you bored with the PL yet?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
..everytime they do something good it always has a sting in the tail.

They get one of the results of the season against Man City today, but miss an injury-time penalty thus throwing away two points and leaving the fans going home disappointed

They get to the FA Cup Final, then lose to 10-men and have their manager make a laughing stock of the club with his dancing antics

They succeed in staying in the top division for the longest period in their history, but manage to be the worst side in the country for months and months whilst doing so

They appoint excellent managers to clean up earlier manager's mess, but repeatedly lose them in the summer and have to go off looking for another one

They announce wonderful new stadium plans, which turns out to be fancy cladding and better toilets

Thanks Palace for keeping me eternally amused, football is a more enjoyable place with you in it.

Happy New Year x

They are comedy box office. I know we are obsessed with them, but no other club is like Palace

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Yes, fair point actually (if you read it that way). But to clarify, we're obviously never going to reach Arsenal's level in terms of achievement, but sadly I get the distinct impression that we will reach their level in terms of fan boredom - and much quicker than they did as well.

Are you bored with the PL yet?

I'm not. Being in the PL means I get to see players like Wilf and Cabaye on the pitch every week. They're a joy to watch.

When you're on a losing run then it's no fun at all, but when you score your first goals of the season in a 2-1 win over Chelsea it all seems worth it again.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
They are comedy box office. I know we are obsessed with them, but no other club is like Palace

For all the banter, hatred, rivalry, trouble, these little incident make feel a soft soft for the gremlins up the road. Yes they are Palace our rivals, detestable Palace but our Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here