Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You've changed ....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All correct, but if Tony Bloom feels disappointed are we not able to feel the same also?

That disappointment needs to be measured, of course.

I actually thought this was pretty telling in Bloom's letter:

we failed to secure the additional striker which has left all of us feeling very disappointed.

I didn't read that as all of us fans - I read it as him, PB, Paul Winstanley,and, most importantly, Hughton. it's perfectly ok to be peed off with not getting a striker and it's totally valid to question what caused it without, in any way, forgetting our roots.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Appreciate your comments. but we have not been unlucky by having a striker break his leg with 1 day of transfer window to go. We have been looking for months. Last season if you count Elvis and Akpon we had 5. Now in our toughest season we cant even get one on bench.

Are you saying we should not have let Elvis go????

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cast your mind back to either The Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean or some of the oh so nears of the past few seasons.
Ok, got it. It's cold and raining. I'm in my usual seat, watching as I do each fortnight, and to be honest, I've slightly forgotten what the beautiful game actually looks like. But I'm ready to cheer us on regardless.

We've always wanted a crack at The Premier League and during our wait we've laughed at clubs paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to stay at any cost, only to see some crash and burn and the likes of WBA yo-yo a while and become established.

I don't want us to get relegated or to pay huge fees and spend years regretting one or two seasons of survival.
But I didn't want us to pay ridiculous transfer fees, I wanted us to pay the going rate. We could have done that and made a healthy profit, unlike our costly years in the Championship.
Come on guys has TB really let us down
Of course not, I don't blame Tony.
give the club and the Board a break and have faith in the team we have.
I will try.

At the end of this chapter, be it one, two or many seasons we'll still have a viable club that can come again.
Trying to get promoted from the Championship is not viable in the long term.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, I've measured it, and it seems I'm clinically depressed. Now what?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All correct, but if Tony Bloom feels disappointed are we not able to feel the same also?

Disappointed, yes, but as you say measured. Some of the TB sell, TB's taken it as far as he can, is beyond belief, and as for looking for foreign investors or TB needs to spend more, well it's crazy, IMHO.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Some people bought in wholeheartedly when they told us we are Premier League ready. They believed.

Those people are now disappointed obviously.

Three games in?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disappointed, yes, but as you say measured. Some of the TB sell, TB's taken it as far as he can, is beyond belief, and as for looking for foreign investors or TB needs to spend more, well it's crazy, IMHO.

Absolutely, yes.

I like to think of myself as pretty measured, but I've been told that something I wrote infuriated all of Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Paul Winstanley, so I wonder what they think of some of the more OTT responses that have been posted across social media, including NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely, yes.

I like to think of myself as pretty measured, but I've been told that something I wrote infuriated all of Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Paul Winstanley, so I wonder what they think of some of the more OTT responses that have been posted across social media, including NSC.

At least we now know who's the troublemaker around here.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We have only played few games maybe somone like Tilley gets a chance scores a couple on his debut like Peter Ward scored on his debut who should also have had a penalty at Hereford and a few more points on the board and we can enjoy this first season in the Premiership.
Keep the faith.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely, yes.

Blimey!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Absolutely, yes.

Forums and e-mails are so difficult to judge, sometimes you read an e-mail and feel you want to react in a certain way and when you pick up the phone and talk it through with the person it's a misunderstanding on my part, poorly written e-mail or a simple matter of interpretation. Just ask PB to call next time!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely, yes.

What was it ? Would agree you're not particularly prone to posting rabid opinions on the club (certainly compared with some on here)

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
We are in 2017 and our 6th year at the Amex with record attendances and brilliant facilities. How many times are we going to keep harping on about the past ? Most Brighton supporters are fully aware of it and appreciate the progress we have made under Bloom.. It isn't something new.

Never thought I would see the day. I agree with you Spence !

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely, yes.

Wow, really? Yes If you've pissed them off then some of the more OTT stuff would have had Tony Bloom reaching for Bill Archer's phone number on the grounds that he's the owner we deserve.

Hopefully there are a lot of people regretting their heat-of-the-moment over-reactions. We were all disappointed and everyone's entitled to an opinion, but it's not the end of the world. In fact it's not even the end of the season.

el punal

We all laughed at Middlesbrough last season when the beat us out on the last day only to **** themselves over by failing to sign a striker. Not funny anymore though is it?

Well I didn't laugh because it wasn't funny, as for your concern, well we're only three games into the season. Not quite knicker twisting time yet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Cast your mind back to either The Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean or some of the oh so nears of the past few seasons.

We've always wanted a crack at The Premier League and during our wait we've laughed at clubs paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to stay at any cost, only to see some crash and burn and the likes of WBA yo-yo a while and become established.

I don't want us to get relegated or to pay huge fees and spend years regretting one or two seasons of survival. Come on guys has TB really let us down, has PB not led us with a strong commercial focus; give the club and the Board a break and have faith in the team we have.

At the end of this chapter, be it one, two or many seasons we'll still have a viable club that can come again. #TOGETHER #UTA #KEEPTHEFAITH

P.S. Can we have chips in the ESU please! BARBER OUT! :wink:

Agreed but....

My face when I see another one of these type of threads.

View attachment 88853

Also very much this. Do we still have have these flipping I'm a great fan type threads! Move on for christs sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here