Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] YouTube rabbit holes - what's your longest time?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
YouTube rabbit holes. What's the longest time you have wasted and where did you go? I don't just mean music, but film clips, football, cats doing thevfunniest things or whatever. I've just jumped from the Beach Boys through Bowie to Julia Child on Letterman. Honestly, I can't watch the other hour and a half. Or can I?

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Went down a Jim Browning rabbit hole the other day.

He hacks and scams scammers, reversing the tables x 100. It's just glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dT6jB2Dbmk&t=779s&ab_channel=JimBrowning

Same. Strangely compelling viewing isn’t it?

The one where he knows all of their names was particularly pleasing.

For me I tend to play a Wikipedia like game of searching for something specific and then making tangential leaps according to the suggested viewing options. Think ‘perfect fried eggs’ to ‘was the Philadelphia experiment real?’ Type scenarios.

All normally at 3am when I can’t sleep…

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No idea but it feels like months on end....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Two days straight of “Why aren’t you in uniform”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get that reference :) When I had COVID, I started using Tik Tok as I found the short videos were about as much as I could handle. Initially, the content it provided was mostly comedy, which was great. The algorithm has now worked out that I have certain other interests though :wink:

Now it's 5% comedy, 5% football, 90% tits and arse.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I did an Albion youtube rabbit hole a while ago.
Cast to my phone to tv and started watching any old Albion highlights, and they just kept coming up
Marvellous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]DIvhxFddVfk[/yt]

I've lost hours to this guy. His picking apart of movies is just a joy to behold.

"Actually its super easy. Barely an inconvenience"

One of the best things on YouTube

[yt]DIvhxFddVfk[/yt]

I've lost hours to this guy. His picking apart of movies is just a joy to behold.

"Actually its super easy. Barely an inconvenience"

One of the best things on YouTube

I end up down similar rabbit holes of cultural media critique channels. I can easily binge the Honest Trailers on ScreeJunkie's channel and the Cinema Wins/Sins content for hours.

Will also end up going through old content from some of my favourite US Sports S***posters - UrinatingTree does great takedowns of US Sports franchises and weekly videos during the NFL season, while FivePointsVids has dozens of videos critiquing sports stadiums - usually focused on North American sports again, but does look into stadiums across the world in some videos.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Haven’t really looked at YouTube for ages. For a while I was into the “stolen valour” videos but they got repetitive. The Instant Karma stuff was entertaining. Until it wasn’t. Russell Brand is quite good too.

I don’t know why I went off YouTube, there’s some great stuff out there. I like the look of that movie one.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
LegalEagle. The guy is like Patrick Bateman. Brilliant.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I definitely watch more YouTube than traditional media now so I’ve fallen in to some excellent rabbit holes and discovered some brilliant channels.

My personal favourite is Wendigoon. He covers a really wide range of ‘weird’ content. He’s done hour long videos discussing books like I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream & Dante’s Inferno, but he’s also some deep dives in to Internet ARG horror stories like The Mandela Catalogue or The Monster Beneath Us. He also covers weird moments from history like the 38 minute war or the conspiracy theory behind the assassination of Martin Luther King. On top of that he’s done a nearly 10 hour long series on a conspiracy theory iceberg, and has also tackled iceberg videos on Disturbing Media, Unsolved Crimes & Serial Killers. He absolutely nails all those different topics too.

One of my favourite videos of his is about the Acali Experiment - which is the time where a scientist put 11 people on a boat for 100 days in the hope that it would turn in to an orgy or a bloodbath… and things didn’t quite go to plan.

Went down a Jim Browning rabbit hole the other day.

He hacks and scams scammers, reversing the tables x 100. It's just glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dT6jB2Dbmk&t=779s&ab_channel=JimBrowning

If you like Jim Browning then check out Atomic Shrimp if you hadn’t seen his stuff before.

He’s an absolute master in winding up the people behind scam emails. The Warosa/Barosa stuff genuinely had me in tears the first time I watched it.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Also whilst discussing YouTube I feel like I have to throw this in to the ring. Closing in on 10,000,000 views in two days and has a real vibe of the famous Katie Hopkins video. The absolute bollocks to push your luck that far.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I watch endless clips of people showing me how to prepare and then catch huge fish I then spend hours reproducing the same rigs,collect the bait recommended get the tide and conditions right,and blank!

Poxy YouTube

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I very rarely use Youtube for anything except music and some DIY stuff but on the odd occasion I can watch five hours of CinemaSin or other braindead entertainment. More serious things I prefer reading about rather than watching, not sure why as there's probably plenty of good content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here