Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youtube footage of Brighton/Liverpool 1984 FA Cup win - gone?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And the club have the cheek to call their channel Seagulls TV and want me to supply them with the same videos they’ve asked me to take down...

Its incredibly petty from the club. These videos are part of the clubs heritage, you site has been fantastic and the ultimate goto site for retro Albion videos. What is their problem, the use of the Seagulls name, the videos or both?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Its incredibly petty from the club. These videos are part of the clubs heritage, you site has been fantastic and the ultimate goto site for retro Albion videos. What is their problem, the use of the Seagulls name, the videos or both?

They don’t seem to have a problem with me using the name though. I think they realised that Seagulls TV is the best name, better than Seagulls World and Seagulls Player, so they thought they’ll have that now.

Their main problem seems to relate to the video. They and the broadcasters can’t make money off the footage if it’s available for free which is why I have been asked to take the YouTube channel down with the suggestion of a copyright infringement notice served if I don’t do so willingly.

If I supply them with footage, they have offered a deal where I can link to short two minute versions of games that they post on their YouTube channels but that anything longer would be behind their paywall. Feeling very ‘Meh’ about it... should I say no to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here