PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s only one weekend. I am sure the precious little angels can cope for one weekend whilst we show our respect and love for the greatest English woman to have ever lived.

Your opinion. My mum was far greater for me than some wealthy women living in luxury.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did you spend the week trying to beg a ref? Find some paint for the pitch? Find a pitch for the girls team (it's exploded, no shit) but find houses built on most of them, go up the pitch and fix a goal with a broken wheel in the dark? No, you bitched on here about stuff I'm guessing. In fact you were saying refs were fair game for slagging off earlier in the week and actually contribute to pain people like me have week in week out.

Now, kindly **** off to another thread and leave those of us that volunteer to talk about it without ***** telling us how we should feel. Cheers..

I did all that for 8 years, enjoying my retirement.

You must get absolutely devasted during the summer when there's no football. You also probably get apoplectic if you have to call a game off because of the weather.

Your whinging about one weekend is pathetic.

Edit: Just for the record, I'm not saying I agree with the decision from the FA about not playing but it was no surprise they made it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

You must get absolutely devasted during the summer when there's no football. You also probably get apoplectic if you have to call a game off because of the weather.

Edit: Just for the record, I'm not saying I agree with the decision from the FA about not playing but it was no surprise they made it.

I can tell you are retired. Your "I'm all right Jack" drips out of every post you make.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It’s a bit pathetic that you can’t see the context of everything else going ahead as normal. I’ll probably take my son for a game of squash, or some other sport instead of his football - but I won’t be doing anything that makes us any more or any less likely to show respect than if his football match went ahead. In fact the one moment he as a kid could have properly considered this event would have been a 2 minute silence before his kick off.

Of course games are lost due to weather, this generation of kids have lost more education and sport time than since the war - to take another weekend off them is that word you like - pathetic.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s a bit pathetic that you can’t see the context of everything else going ahead as normal. I’ll probably take my son for a game of squash, or some other sport instead of his football - but I won’t be doing anything that makes us any more or any less likely to show respect than if his football match went ahead. In fact the one moment he as a kid could have properly considered this event would have been a 2 minute silence before his kick off.

Of course games are lost due to weather, this generation of kids have lost more education and sport time than since the war - to take another weekend off them is that word you like - pathetic.

I did edit my post and you can see that I don't agree that the matches should have been postponed.

Perhaps instead of looking at as taking a weekend off their football life, look at it as an opportunity do something different.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I did edit my post and you can see that I don't agree that the matches should have been postponed.

Perhaps instead of looking at as taking a weekend off their football life, look at it as an opportunity do something different.

Okay I didn’t see it and I must stop my posts seeming personal as not intended. Of course they can look at it positively etc. but really shouldn’t have been forced upon them. There’s been enough enforced closing down of their lives over the last 3 years to last a lifetime, they didn’t need it happening again even at this sad time.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Our league has cancelled all games this weekend as well ahead of the funeral. However, FA guidance is that games can recommence. We are therefore playing a friendly in the same location against the same team we would have played but it is just not recognised by the league. The FA have also stated "Black Armbands where possible" At 4 each for 150 junior members that's a cool £600 that the club haven't got lying down the back of a sofa if we were to comply.

Couldn't make this up. Off to buy some black masking tape.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Our league has cancelled all games this weekend as well ahead of the funeral. However, FA guidance is that games can recommence. We are therefore playing a friendly in the same location against the same team we would have played but it is just not recognised by the league. The FA have also stated "Black Armbands where possible" At 4 each for 150 junior members that's a cool £600 that the club haven't got lying down the back of a sofa if we were to comply.

Couldn't make this up. Off to buy some black masking tape.

Unbelievable.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Same in Hampshire. I'm so angry about this, it's absolutely ludicrous.

What are the kids supposed to be doing?

Mourning obviously. Aren't we all? I'm properly dehydrated from the constant sobbing. Just waiting for the free press stops telling us all to mourn.

It's exhausting and I don't even know the woman!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here