Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Youth Football

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
My club are in mid Sussex, our teams play in the mid Sussex youth football league , and i and our other coaches are running half a dozen training sessions over the weekend. They aren’t banned. Because fixtures (league games, friendlies) are postponed but training sessions can go ahead at clubs discretion (I’ll share the FA guidance if you want )

Horsham and District obviously taking a stronger line.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Here's our clubs guidance. Ckear as mud.

As a mark of respect, to commemorate the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, all football at xxx will cease this weekend, in line with the FA’s announcement earlier today. This covers both matches and training.

Training and matches will resume from 12 September, except where the league that your team plays in has put different arrangements in place. If this is the case, you will be informed directly by your team manager.

Our thoughts are with the Royal Family at this time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Horsham and District obviously taking a stronger line.

The leagues don’t dictate how clubs run their training sessions. The FA does.
So if your grandsons club have cancelled their training sessions - it’s not the FA or the league - it’s at the clubs discretion. “The organiser” - see FAQ below.

724b74ed746b0b02fae1dada36d86344.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Or hopefully instead if the parents can be bothered, what I'm going to be doing and lots of our friends are doing, taking the kids to the now empty pitches to play football. But with no coaches, goals, marked out pitches, organisation or competitive action. What was the point in cancelling?!

I'm not kidding, we've had strict orders from the club and league that we can't do any organised training or friendly matches. It's beyond belief.

Great idea. There is nothing they can do to stop you organizing football matches for kids. Makes you wonder whether we need an entirely new structure given how out of touch the football authorities are. There is something really strange going on.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Great idea. There is nothing they can do to stop you organizing football matches for kids. Makes you wonder whether we need an entirely new structure given how out of touch the football authorities are. There is something really strange going on.

PS : if clubs have decided they aren’t running sessions this weekend - that’s up to them. (But they aren’t banned) . They are volunteers after all - so we should respect their choice. As for organising football for kids then - agreed - please volunteer. All clubs would love extra helpers, coaches so more kids can play football (you need clubs I suggest to ensure insurance, trained coaches, safeguarding, and all the other things that FA Youth football supports)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

There is a big difference between having a kick about in a park and organizing a game between two teams. As Chaileyjem pointed out, with the latter you need insurance, welfare, child protection standards etc, without which you could leave yourself open to all sorts of problems.

What exactly do you man by your last comment?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Or hopefully instead if the parents can be bothered, what I'm going to be doing and lots of our friends are doing, taking the kids to the now empty pitches to play football. But with no coaches, goals, marked out pitches, organisation or competitive action. What was the point in cancelling?!

I'm not kidding, we've had strict orders from the club and league that we can't do any organised training or friendly matches. It's beyond belief.

Same for us in Wiltshire: the rec where my son's club teams play and train will even have it's gates locked so we can't even drive in and have an informal kick about with the kids.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is a big difference between having a kick about in a park and organizing a game between two teams. As Chaileyjem pointed out, with the latter you need insurance, welfare, child protection standards etc, without which you could leave yourself open to all sorts of problems.

What exactly do you man by your last comment?

That I don’t understand why the world is continuing but football has stopped. It is really weird.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's one effing weekend for christ's sake. The way some of you are going on you'd think they've banned it forever.

Did you spend the week trying to beg a ref? Find some paint for the pitch? Find a pitch for the girls team (it's exploded, no shit) but find houses built on most of them, go up the pitch and fix a goal with a broken wheel in the dark? No, you bitched on here about stuff I'm guessing. In fact you were saying refs were fair game for slagging off earlier in the week and actually contribute to pain people like me have week in week out.

Now, kindly **** off to another thread and leave those of us that volunteer to talk about it without ***** telling us how we should feel. Cheers..

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Football has stopped so the Liverpool fans can't boo the dead queen, new king or future king

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, total bollocks let's be honest. Ridiculous decision to stop kids football too when we want them out and about and not sat inside. I know it's only 1 weekend but still

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s only one weekend. I am sure the precious little angels can cope for one weekend whilst we show our respect and love for the greatest English woman to have ever lived.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
PACA astroturf is free all day, booked me and a few mates to play. Will dedicate a few goals to her majesty, or would that be disrespectful?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It’s only one weekend. I am sure the precious little angels can cope for one weekend whilst we show our respect and love for the greatest English woman to have ever lived.

With all respect, she’s just another person to me, why should I have to lose out on a weekend’s entertainment?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It’s the principle of it being 1 sport. The precious little angels can cope by playing tennis, rugby, cricket - literally every other sport that hasn’t felt the need to cancel everything to show love and respect.

Those of you posting this stuff must believe that a huge proportion of the population ISN'T showing love and respect because they’re going out, playing sport, watching sport, doing stuff, just not football. Test match today, rugby fixtures etc etc must all be being disrespectful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here