Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Youth Football

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All rugby is going ahead

The RFU sees it as a way for people to come together.

That's the way it should be

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All this does is take kids out of the fresh air exercising with their friends and puts them back in their rooms on their phones.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
my kids literally wouldn't know what the queen looked like until yesterday

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
All this does is take kids out of the fresh air exercising with their friends and puts them back in their rooms on their phones.

Or hopefully instead if the parents can be bothered, what I'm going to be doing and lots of our friends are doing, taking the kids to the now empty pitches to play football. But with no coaches, goals, marked out pitches, organisation or competitive action. What was the point in cancelling?!

I'm not kidding, we've had strict orders from the club and league that we can't do any organised training or friendly matches. It's beyond belief.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You are supposed to be mourning the death of Betty Windsor, not kicking lumps out of each other or otherwise enjoying yourselves.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We have a lot challenges getting through the season with my kids, come winter we lose games regularly to flood and frost and hard to catch up with lack of daylight midweek

Conditions now are perfect

It would not be disrespecting the Queen if they played, FA decision on this OTT in my opinion

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's ****ing bullshit, frankly. Isn't it.

Be good if the President of the Football association got om the blower and told them to give their heads a wobble.

I'll take the kids mountain biking

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
The message from the FA that I saw said that only matches are cancelled and that training can go ahead as usual at the discretion of clubs.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A decision no doubt made by some old white men who haven’t kicked a football for 50 years and have no appreciation of how good kids sport is for both the parents and the kids at weekends, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds.

Utter twats. We’re going ahead anyway in an unofficial capacity at a different location.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
They haven't stopped training as far as I'm aware??

Sent from my TFY-LX1 using Tapatalk

My Grandsons team have stated no fixtures to be played no training, no friendlies to be played this weekend by order of Mid Sussex F.A.

So training is banned by Mid Sussex at least.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My Grandsons team have stated no fixtures to be played no training, no friendlies to be played this weekend by order of Mid Sussex F.A.

So training is banned by Mid Sussex at least.

My club are in mid Sussex, our teams play in the mid Sussex youth football league , and i and our other coaches are running half a dozen training sessions over the weekend. They aren’t banned. Because fixtures (league games, friendlies) are postponed but training sessions can go ahead at clubs discretion (I’ll share the FA guidance if you want )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here