Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youssef En-Nesyri

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Club must either have a brilliantly thought out strategy as regards recent player purchases, either that or they have no strategy at all and are making an absolute pig's of things.
Can you imagine how Clarke feels especially if he has a young family He must think to himself great, if I sign for Brighton I don't need to uproot my family as I can commute, next thing once signed your rumoured to be off to Derby for a year

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ryan Harley is another "YouTube Compilation" of a player.
Paddy McCourt was a player who existed only for the purpose of occasionally adding to his YouTube repertoire.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can you provide some examples of Potterized players? I know James & McBurnie from Swansea but I’m sure there are lots more?

Matt Grimes, had been nowhere near their first team, out on loan: last year he was either their player of the season or finished high up in the voting. Connor Roberts, though he was always pretty decent anyway, but also had a good year. Joe Rodon- young defender, became a first team regular under Potter. Bersant Celina- came from Man City so presumably was thought to have a bit about him, but started to show his talent consistently. Maybe even Mike van der Hoorn, who has always appeared to be a complete donkey, but who seemed to have a very good season at the back for them.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can you imagine how Clarke feels especially if he has a young family He must think to himself great, if I sign for Brighton I don't need to uproot my family as I can commute, next thing once signed your rumoured to be off to Derby for a year

Do you not think that there’s a chance he actively signed knowing he would be loaned out for the first season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Report from todays game which he was left out..

Leganés continues unbeaten in preseason. The pickles thrashed in their fifth game to an Alcorcón that did not leave as bad feelings as dictated by the electronic verdict. Tino's difference in the final meters was key. Rosales, Óscar and Arnáiz gave the third summer win to the pickles in a clash in which In Nesyri was not even called. His march to Brighton is expected. Szymanowski left the disturbing image of the morning: he injured his right knee and had to leave before half an hour of the game.

The final score gave a feeling of abyss that was not such in the first half . At least sometimes the Alcorcón deserved more prize (Sandaza scored a penalty) against this version B of the Lega . If in the last friendly in Morocco Pellegrino pulled an almost eleven eleven, in this one he watered it as meritorious. Players called in some cases to gain their presence in the squad that, however, left good feelings.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Perhaps we’ll be signing him and maupay?

That would be good, but i'm sure people will moan we have too many forwards when what we need is a right back and a midfieder, they wont be wrong either, but after all the years of not having enough forwards it will make a change to not hearing the moaning about the lack of them.

Although neither have Premier League experience......

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Do you not think that there’s a chance he actively signed knowing he would be loaned out for the first season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He may or not have done, something we will never know. But I do feel sorry for some of these youngsters like the young lad from Serbia, comes here sees all the facilities, signs for the club and then is pushed straight out QPR on loan

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

It's called being a professional footballer and is one of the well know 'hazards' of the job. I'm sure the ample pay he has recvd by joining us must help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here