[Football] You're Welsh- And You Know You Are...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why not? There's like 3 buildings that fall on the Welsh side, one of which is the football stadium.
Why not just redraw the border slightly so that all of Chester is in England? It's an arbitrary, man-made line in the first place, after all.

Maybe send that suggestion in to Vladimir Putin ? All he has to do is build some football grounds on the wrong side of the border and it’s job done :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What a tool Drakeford is.

It must be so frustrating living close to the border and watching the English freedom. Being in the middle of nonsensical nationalist politics must be driving them bonkers as well. Seriously you have pubs across the road from each other with different COVID rules.

This is all so ridiculous you would laugh if the threat over Chester wasn’t so serious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Maybe send that suggestion in to Vladimir Putin ? All he has to do is build some football grounds on the wrong side of the border and it’s job done :)

Just as an aside on that point, aren't embassys deigned as being sovereign ground? i.e. the Russian embassy in London is technically Russian land? Is that is the case (it may well not be, it may well be something I've made up in my head) then don't tell Putin.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Bit of the same as for Groombridge in Lockdown. Sussex sde was free and Kent side was locked down. Think the pubs unfortunately were on the Kent side...

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Not a ground I've been to, but having had a quick gander at Google maps it does appear that you can only actually get into the stadium site from the English side of the border, so I'd be surprised if a bit of common sense doesn't break out in the near future.

Hmmm - politics and common sense don’t usually make good bed fellows!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why not? There's like 3 buildings that fall on the Welsh side, one of which is the football stadium.
Why not just redraw the border slightly so that all of Chester is in England? It's an arbitrary, man-made line in the first place, after all.

It’s probably a bit more complicated than that and lots and lots of different groups and institutions would have to agree it, I would imagine.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Turns out that I was right about the stadium only being accessible from the English side of the border.

Not only that but the whole of the site comes under the auspices of the local Cheshire West and Chester Council (a bit like there are parts of Sussex in the Kent administrative area) who actually own the land, and games are policed by the Cheshire Constabulary.

This is a farce, frankly, and the Welsh Assembly should be embarrassed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59920281

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Bit of the same as for Groombridge in Lockdown. Sussex sde was free and Kent side was locked down. Think the pubs unfortunately were on the Kent side...

There are 2 pubs in Groombridge, one, The Junction, is in Sussex, the other, The Crown, in Kent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports