You're the opposition manager - what advice for your team to disrupt Brighton?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After half a season of watching BHA in the Championship I think the advice has been:

1. Hassle the players at every opportunity. Knees, elbows, arms - the lot. This got Adkins full rewards when we played them at St Marys and is the number one contributing factor towards our bad disciplinary record. We don't seem to be able to retaliate cleverly enough. Even yesterday Greer got punched in the face near the end of the second half after a sliding tackle. Ref and lino saw nothing.

2. Close down Ankergren quickly. He is apt to punt it hopelessly when under pressure

3. Man mark Noone. The Watford player had Noone in his pocket at Vicarage Road.

4. Field as big a side as possible. We seem to have the smallest side (in stature) in the league and we are often out-muscled because of it.

....any others?

I just hope that we are learning from these tactics ready for the second half of the season.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Stop the early ball out to the full backs from the keeper. If you do that, keeper reverts to lumping it up the field, Poyet gets arsey, players get nervous, job done.

After half a season of watching BHA in the Championship I think the advice has been:

1. Hassle the players at every opportunity. Knees, elbows, arms - the lot. This got Adkins full rewards when we played them at St Marys and is the number one contributing factor towards our bad disciplinary record. We don't seem to be able to retaliate cleverly enough. Even yesterday Greer got punched in the face near the end of the second half after a sliding tackle. Ref and lino saw nothing.

2. Close down Ankergren quickly. He is apt to punt it hopelessly when under pressure

3. Man mark Noone. The Watford player had Noone in his pocket at Vicarage Road.

4. Field as big a side as possible. We seem to have the smallest side (in stature) in the league and we are often out-muscled because of it.

....any others?

I just hope that we are learning from these tactics ready for the second half of the season.
:facepalm:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Stop the early ball out to the full backs from the keeper. If you do that, keeper reverts to lumping it up the field, Poyet gets arsey, players get nervous, job done.

That is quite literally all that needs to be done. Pointed out by a hammers fan. Scouting the weaknesses we have is hilariously easy.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Id play 3-5-2 against brighton and defend high up the pitch. no need for 4 defenders when we only play 1 striker! The three centre mids would be pushing forward at every oportunity and 1 almost as a third striker making sure bridcutt doesnt get the ball in space at the back. i would tell my wide men to run the legs off the slow full backs at all times and get plenty of crosses into the 6 yard box because the keeper doesnt come for the ball and cant catch when he does. Make the keeper kick the ball long and dont let them play from the back as we have a lack of height in the team.

Thall do for starters.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Absolutely this yesterday, and especially the Forest game. Every challenge went beyond hassling, and almost none punished. Not read the other threads, so it may have been covered ad nauseam already. Yet Reading and Forest looked good enough to win without all that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My advice would be to take it easy, and half the team will have been sent off or on a yellow before you know it and that Danish chap will have gifted us a goal. Tell the keeper to take a crossword with him.

Last edited:

Nov 27, 2009
Simply walk out onto the pitch for the kick off.

-Poyet starts blaming the ref for everything.
-The opposition keeper takes a goal kick as a brighton player does a piroet, and falls over, fans scream for a penalty.
-bha fans scream it is their right to be invited into the premiership.
-Poyet starts screaming at the fourth official, as a throw in is awarded to the opposition, he then takes himself into the stand for effect.
-inexplicably bha lose the game, after every other decision goes their way, with the phrase "luck of the brighton", taking over from "the luck of the irish"!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Simply walk out onto the pitch for the kick off.

-Poyet starts blaming the ref for everything.
-The opposition keeper takes a goal kick as a brighton player does a piroet, and falls over, fans scream for a penalty.
-bha fans scream it is their right to be invited into the premiership.
-Poyet starts screaming at the fourth official, as a throw in is awarded to the opposition, he then takes himself into the stand for effect.
-inexplicably bha lose the game, after every other decision goes their way, with the phrase "luck of the brighton", taking over from "the luck of the irish"!

I really don't understand why an Oxford fan is so obsessed with us, and why he thinks we give a shit about what he says

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What Reading did to us, but keep it up for 90 minutes not 70.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bring only one pair of shorts per player, each of them with a thread at the back loosened slightly to make a split more than likely. STRETCH, a tear happens and a firm buttock is partly revealed. A player looks over his shoulder at the onrushing gay footballer and raises a suggestive eyebrow. The Brighton team, including the big gay married urugayan manager, can't get enough rectum and spend the next 90 minutes thinking about nothing but penetration, losing their shape. The overexcitement leads to gradual exhaustion thanks to the repeated Benny Hill-style speed-chases and Ankergren is drawn off of his line for most of the game thanks to his imaginings of nearing manflesh.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bribe the officials.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think any opposition manager with half a brain will just tell his team to let BHAFC fanny about as much as they like in their own half of the field because they pose little threat beyond that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports