[Albion] "You're only here for the Villa..." ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Anyway, regardless of how many tickets are sold or how many actually turn up who have bought tickets, the gate will be 32,227 or similar!
And hopefully that will be announced by Richie Reynolds as a "NEW AMEX RECORD ATTENDANCE...!!!" in plenty of time so that the visiting legion can sing their song.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Villa as former European Champions and one of the genuine giants of British football will always be a big draw, am pretty astonished they're deemed as category 'C' to be honest. We could have sold more and I know from my Villa supporting relative they could have sold 4 or 5 times their allocation.

It’s the smell that puts plenty off. I’m surprised they are even as high as category C :rolleyes:.

4 or 5 times their allocation? They do love an exaggeration. I was listening to a phone in when Gerrard was described by one of their faithful as ‘the greatest manager we have ever had in our history’. Seriously, he could turn out to be that but to put him above those in living memory that won the league with 14 players, or even to make such a comment knowing that their club dominated the game until the 1920s is a bit, being polite, laughable. Can we leave the plaudits until he’s actually achieved something?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's no surprise. Two matches on successive Saturdays and one is deemed more attractive. If I had to choose one to miss, it would be Burnley. Loads of people will only want to go one weekend from two. It's poor scheduling.

Sorry but poor scheduling is bollocks, first 3pm Saturday ko's since September, no excuses

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry but poor scheduling is bollocks, first 3pm Saturday ko's since September, no excuses
Whatever. The fact that for 2 Saturdays in a row we have home games after more than a month with none, may not make you think poor scheduling, but that doesn't alter the fact that it is.

It makes no difference to me at all as I am dyed through the wool Albion, but it will make a difference to some people.

And who needs to make excuses about choosing whether to go and watch a football match, it's a free country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports