Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "You're French, and you know you are..."

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Strange but today but my wife and I read the memorial/tutorial on Worthing seafront by the Canadian flag which waves on West Worthing promenade for those who lost their lives during the Dieppe rain in august 42...... 65 Worthing women married Canadian serviceman based in Worthing during their time here.

Both of my Grandfather's were Canadian soldiers

One of which went over on the Dieppe Raid

I'm from Newhaven so it's still quite a big thing

Most people in the town know the date 19th August 1942

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The anti- EU feeling in Europe is nothing like it is in England and Wales, and I think a big reason is that the ravages of war across that continent is a binding faactor that doesn't resonate with Brits to the same extent.

I supported the Union position in the Scottish Independence referendum but now I find myself hoping they vote to leave the UK next time around. The English and Welsh don't have much love for the Scots, in much the same way they don't care for the EU much either. Scotland will do well in the EU, in time.

I think the Brexit majority in Wales (82000) was swung mainly by the English residents who reside there which according to a Guardian report was 650,000 at the time of the referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both of my Grandfather's were Canadian soldiers

One of which went over on the Dieppe Raid

I'm from Newhaven so it's still quite a big thing

Most people in the town know the date 19th August 1942

The Canadian & French flags fly at the memorial by the ring road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here