Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your vintage year.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Just thinking about what the best year of my life was and without a doubt it was 1996.

I was 21, went to Seattle with 3 mates to go gigging, saw Pearl Jam, Manics, Sheryl Crow and Therapy?.
Euro 96 was, apart from the ending bloody excellent.

The whole mood with Brit pop was classic.

Loads of parties, young and carefree.

Vintage year.

How about everyone elses?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely agree with 1996 for so many reasons, pretty much everything good that could have happened did...

Oh for another 1996 in my life and Gazza's leg being two inches longer...

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
'96 had the football, I left School lots of messing about and partying and the ladies.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
1994. I married my soul mate, we bought our first house, I really feel like the years before then were just life but the years since have been actually living.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Either the shagtastical moneymungously flairish 1993 or 1994 for me.

Birds, laughs, and my first taste of money - all culminating in meeting my wife which I have to say was no bad thing either. :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1977. I was editing a punk fanzine, playing in a punk band, going to punk gigs six nights out of seven, working at the BBC and gatecrashing Top Of The Pops and The Old Grey Whistle Test on a weekly basis - and chatting to the bands in the BBC bar. Still find it hard to believe I was in EXACTLY the right place at EXACTLY the right time.

Yoda

English & European
2004 for me. Went out to watch the Olympics and was lucky enough to see all four British medals on the Track being won. :pROUD:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
2005 without s doubt money booze and birds ended up shagging a stripper for 3months of it proberly the highlight! such a shame i reached my peak at the age of 18 all down heal now :ohmy: :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
2007....only year I haven't put a foot wrong....................yet!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
1977. I was editing a punk fanzine, playing in a punk band, going to punk gigs six nights out of seven, working at the BBC and gatecrashing Top Of The Pops and The Old Grey Whistle Test on a weekly basis - and chatting to the bands in the BBC bar. Still find it hard to believe I was in EXACTLY the right place at EXACTLY the right time.

'77 for me as well, we had a promotion winning football team and Peter Ward, and loads of great music.

I had to pay to see the bands though!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Peter Ward, packed North Stand, punk rock. Spent the summer in the USSR and lost my cherry. Failed a couple of A levels but that was a minor setback.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
1987 or 1992 were pretty good...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here