Your Top 3 Films of All Time

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
11168894_ori.jpgcarry-on-camping_10160.jpgdmsquad.jpg

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Good choice for Night of the Hunter. One of those films in which you'd travel back in time to see, and then start a campaign for it be lauded and not poorly thought of, preventing Laughton from directing again.

I'd go for, off the top of my head and trying not to think of so many wonderful films:
The Third Man
The Conversation
A Separation

Of those six, Night of the Hunter, Citizen Kane and The Third Man must be better than anything since perhaps The Godfather.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No, but I've been told the book is a lot better. I have read Trainspotting in Glasgow dialect. Nightmare to read.
Once you get into it the dialect in Irvine Welsh‘s books is pretty easy to follow as it's just phonetics and is consistent. And mostly Edinburgh, not Weedgie btw. [emoji6]

I love his writing but every time I start one of his books it takes a few pages to get the accent into my head.

Trainspotting and Filth both made decent amusing movies but the books are way better. As is usually the case.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Porridge
Sons of the Desert
Some Like it Hot

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Schindler's List, ET the Extraterrestrial, Close Encounters of the Third Kind

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Kind of impossible question, but three of my favorites are:

Catch me if You Can (2002)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)

Other worthy mentions:

Donnie Darko (2001)
The Hurricane (1999)
Spun (2002)

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
City of God
Life is beautiful
Pulp fiction

Whoops I'm breaking the rules....Jaws, deer hunter, bev hills cop, quadraphonic, You me and everyone we know, django unchained, train spotting, toy story and off course police academy 4 citizens on patrol

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Bitter Moon
Silence Of The Lambs
The Long Good Friday

Jaws should really be in this and the Great Escape

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Fancy these 3 at the moment:

Don't Look Now
Kagamusha
The Odd Couple

With a short warm up from

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ask tomorrow and you'll get 3 different .. and the day after ... and after

Private Ryan
Close Encounters
Deerhunter

Anything with Tom Hanks would challenge any of them

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Godfather
One flew over the Cuckoos Nest
The Long Good Friday

Post 46 before the best film ever made Imo (Cuckoos Nest) gets a mention. Nicholson, Fletcher, Devito , Dourif, Christopher Lloyd and Will Sampson never got close to this again. How could they ? The most stunning piece of cinema ever, but all the pieces were there at the right time. A stupendous Kesey novel but put together as the stage play keeping it so compact by Milos Forman. Apart from maybe 5 Easy Pieces and parts in The Last Detail I never saw Nicholson reach these heights again. Not his fault just the writing and direction he worked under.

Anyway

The Godfather 2 and Goodfellows for the other 2............probably ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Usual Suspects
Mary Poppins
Psycho

Haven't we done this before, quite recently?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Post 46 before the best film ever made Imo (Cuckoos Nest) gets a mention. Nicholson, Fletcher, Devito , Dourif, Christopher Lloyd and Will Sampson never got close to this again. How could they ? The most stunning piece of cinema ever, but all the pieces were there at the right time. A stupendous Kesey novel but put together as the stage play keeping it so compact by Milos Forman. Apart from maybe 5 Easy Pieces and parts in The Last Detail I never saw Nicholson reach these heights again. Not his fault just the writing and direction he worked under.

Anyway

The Godfather 2 and Goodfellows for the other 2............probably ?

Too much f*****g and fighting ,I guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here