[Albion] Your Semi-Final ticket buying strategy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How are you going to play your semi-final ticket purchasing?

• STH - buying within the STH tiers

Votes: 218 43.4%
  • STH - waiting for members/guests to buy with

Votes: 118 23.5%
  • STH - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Member - buying straight away

Votes: 69 13.7%
  • Member - waiting for guests to buy with

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Member - not going

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - buying if/when I can

Votes: 33 6.6%
  • Non-STH/Member - not going

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I caved in, was waiting for P3 STH+guest, but got a little nervous about missing out. Got my ticket and will hope I can another next week..
Exactly the same, was going to wait but we (me and 2 other P3 STHs) wanted lower tier and they are FLYING off the shelves so jumped. Will sort out the 3 guests if there is enough anywhere to get 3 together come 6th April. Might be tricky...

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Great purchasing histories - every fan knows that a £30 membership per year gives you a great chance of tickets. If you are going to do a few games per season, then it's a bit of a must.

You can't have the scenario where fans who have built up loyalty points through attending most games can't get in the lower tier or safe standing, or preferred area because a load of P1 fans and their friends, A+ or whatever have taken up all those tickets. That can't be fair can it?

34k tickets, the ST holder just waits until Monday to buy with their A+ mates.

Anyway, we're discussing slight tweaks and scenarios, you started by calling the whole thing 'f**king stupid' - I'll agree there are many other ways to have sliced up the priorities, but it doesn't necessarily make this one stupid.
Yeah this.

It doesn't work for me, but the club are pretty good at the loyalty points stuff, and it's their priorities that ultimately determine the order.

Suspect I'll have to tell my Dad he's out of luck, if we get to the final, though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah this.

It doesn't work for me, but the club are pretty good at the loyalty points stuff, and it's their priorities that ultimately determine the order.

Suspect I'll have to tell my Dad he's out of luck, if we get to the final, though.
They will never be able to please everyone.

I'm A+ Priority 1 and can purchase from Monday. I've been to a lot of games, and I'd be a bit miffed if all the more desirable seats go to people with less priority i.e. only been to the odd game or none at all even, and they end up in better seats because they've been able to purchase on the back of ST mates. It would be the scenario of partners and relatives etc who aren't really interested but fancy a day out at Wembley being ahead of fans who do regularly go. That can't be right.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They will never be able to please everyone.

I'm A+ Priority 1 and can purchase from Monday. I've been to a lot of games, and I'd be a bit miffed if all the more desirable seats go to people with less priority i.e. only been to the odd game or none at all even, and they end up in better seats because they've been able to purchase on the back of ST mates. It would be the scenario of partners and relatives etc who aren't really interested but fancy a day out at Wembley being ahead of fans who do regularly go. That can't be right.
Who is saying that people without a strong record of purchase should be allowed to purchase on the back of STH mates?

Here’s some more stupidity for you. Your window opens at 9am on Monday morning. Between now and Monday no windows are due to open. Thankfully, you are either self employed or have an understanding boss and you’re able to sit online and book a ticket. Many others may be starting work at 9am. Thankfully, it’s the school holidays. Spare a thought for teachers. In past we have opened windows at 9am when the schools are open.

How about opening the A+ windows on Sunday? Or perhaps opening them in the evenings when people are more likely to have time?

Listen, this is a good club (mainly) and not a bad one. We haven’t entirely lost our soul or anything like that, but for a club that claims to be customer first it could be far smarter.

And I have raised window opening times with the club before and was just told that nobody had raised it before. Personally, I don’t give a f***. I’ve got my ticket so I’m alright Jack, but I know the whole set up is asking us to do all the work when it needn’t be like that and it would not involve people jumping queues or getting preferential treatment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who is saying that people without a strong record of purchase should be allowed to purchase on the back of STH mates?

Here’s some more stupidity for you. Your window opens at 9am on Monday morning. Between now and Monday no windows are due to open. Thankfully, you are either self employed or have an understanding boss and you’re able to sit online and book a ticket. Many others may be starting work at 9am. Thankfully, it’s the school holidays. Spare a thought for teachers. In past we have opened windows at 9am when the schools are open.

How about opening the A+ windows on Sunday? Or perhaps opening them in the evenings when people are more likely to have time?

Listen, this is a good club (mainly) and not a bad one. We haven’t entirely lost our soul or anything like that, but for a club that claims to be customer first it could be far smarter.

And I have raised window opening times with the club before and was just told that nobody had raised it before. Personally, I don’t give a f***. I’ve got my ticket so I’m alright Jack, but I know the whole set up is asking us to do all the work when it needn’t be like that and it would not involve people jumping queues or getting preferential treatment.
The whole process takes a few minutes max….if you’re in a job where that’s an issue then you’ve got bigger problems than booking football tickets. There will be 10,000 tickets available Monday morning…..they won’t all sell on Monday, or anywhere near it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It's starting to sound a bit like it just doesn't suit you, when virtually every response you've had and other comments across many threads say the system is fair.

The reason the windows open during working hours is fairly obvious. It mean there's someone there to do it and the availability of techies if something goes wrong. There will also be people in the ticket office / supporter services who can help those with queries.

Your very first sentence says "Who is saying that people without a strong record of purchase should be allowed to purchase on the back of STH mates?". I'd say that you are. You are saying that your mates who have been to a few games should get priority over season ticket holders because you have that priority. I think most of us understand that if we want to sit with friends and family in lower priority groups, we just have to wait. Just like buying for "normal" away games. I get that the prices are different for this one, but you're still denying the better seats to those who go more. I've never heard you suggest this system for away games, so why now?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's starting to sound a bit like it just doesn't suit you, when virtually every response you've had and other comments across many threads say the system is fair.

The reason the windows open during working hours is fairly obvious. It mean there's someone there to do it and the availability of techies if something goes wrong. There will also be people in the ticket office / supporter services who can help those with queries.

Your very first sentence says "Who is saying that people without a strong record of purchase should be allowed to purchase on the back of STH mates?". I'd say that you are. You are saying that your mates who have been to a few games should get priority over season ticket holders because you have that priority. I think most of us understand that if we want to sit with friends and family in lower priority groups, we just have to wait. Just like buying for "normal" away games. I get that the prices are different for this one, but you're still denying the better seats to those who go more. I've never heard you suggest this system for away games, so why now?
Twisting my words to suit your response. Nowhere have I said this, but hey, why let the truth get in the way on NSC. I'm not denying anyone anything.

It's really simple, the technology is out there, and the solutions can be designed, to use data, match it with capacity, and assign seating solutions for groups of fans. That would take a whole heap of ball ache out of this. But, I guess it's all part of the game for fans who are happy to let the club make them do all the work.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Any clues on how many Albion+ members there are? Looking close for the STH guests at the moment!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Our strategy failed. We bought 7 in STH tier 3 as that was the lowest tier one of our group were in however hoping to get a ticket in that area for an Albion+ member on Monday at 9. We deliberately left a gap in the 7 seats hoping that would still be there Monday but alas it's gone as has every other ticket in that block. Will hope to get a ticket in neighbouring block and see if some will swap. Slim hopes I feel.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Are we able to return purchased tickets?
No, but I'm sure you'd find someone on here, whose reputable and a STH with friends who may avail if required.

Theres only a few entrances for our fans and each covers multiple blocks, so if people find friends or family a long way from them, could always see if people using same entrance would be willing to switch seats if its a quid pro quo and helps both?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Our strategy failed. We bought 7 in STH tier 3 as that was the lowest tier one of our group were in however hoping to get a ticket in that area for an Albion+ member on Monday at 9. We deliberately left a gap in the 7 seats hoping that would still be there Monday but alas it's gone as has every other ticket in that block. Will hope to get a ticket in neighbouring block and see if some will swap. Slim hopes I feel.
Whats your MyAlbion+ mates name?

Whoever the stranger (new friend) is in your row of seven, he becomes the missing mate for the day, even takes his name!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, but I'm sure you'd find someone on here, whose reputable and a STH with friends who may avail if required.

Theres only a few entrances for our fans and each covers multiple blocks, so if people find friends or family a long way from them, could always see if people using same entrance would be willing to switch seats if its a quid pro quo and helps both?
Before I get contacted, I just want to remind people that the sale and transfer of football tickets is both against the law and the club's own Ts&Cs.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Before I get contacted, I just want to remind people that the sale and transfer of football tickets is both against the law and the club's own Ts&Cs.
Yes of course, maybe badly worded.

Was trying to refer to potentially 2 people switching where you'd sit in the ground, once already in (on your own ticket), if they both had friends/family miles away and it was mutually benefical. Is that technically not allowed?

If not apologies, it was made in good faith.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Twisting my words to suit your response. Nowhere have I said this, but hey, why let the truth get in the way on NSC. I'm not denying anyone anything.

It's really simple, the technology is out there, and the solutions can be designed, to use data, match it with capacity, and assign seating solutions for groups of fans. That would take a whole heap of ball ache out of this. But, I guess it's all part of the game for fans who are happy to let the club make them do all the work.
You posted this:
"OK, so let's say that you and I want to go together. Perhaps we also want to sit with a friend who is an Albion+ member and their son, who has been to 7 or 8 games this season, home an away but never bother to get an A+ membership. We're all going to get tickets and we can probably get four together if we wait until the first guest windows open, assuming one of us in STH Window 1. But why have all the uncertainty in the first place?"

I see now that it was hypothetical, but you were saying that someone who didn't bother to get a MA+ membership should be able to get their ticket on day 1 because they're a mate of a STH in priority 1.

I'm still unclear what "uncertainty" you keep on about. You've said yourself you're confident you'd all get tickets, so just wait until you are all eligible, like everyone else.

As far as I can see, you haven't identified any "uncertainty" apart from where there might be tickets available. That's always the case, as we don't know who will also want the same ones or the same block that we want and they might all be gone when we get there. It's why there are priorities in the first place and they all seem pretty fair to me (apart from guests ahead of purchase history).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sometimes it is difficult not to hark back to the days when you just bought tickets in a block (or even a whole end) and just turned up with your mates and went where you could / wanted.
Some bore decided we all needed seats.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports