Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your second teams please?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
2nd team?! What!? 2nd teams are for people who don't have a proper 1st team. Why would ANY Brighton fan have/need a 2nd team?

"pulls up chair, grabs a small sweet sherry and cracks open a tub of sweet chilli pringles"

I dunno westy...what do you think?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What's your second team?

V3W6p.gif

2nd team?! What!? 2nd teams are for people who don't have a proper 1st team. Why would ANY Brighton fan have/need a 2nd team?

I will answer this.

I grew up in a town 10 miles outside Cardiff, My dad took me to Ninian Park when I was 5 (1973) and I got hooked on Football.
We moved to Cheam in 1978 but thankfully never went to Selhurst and opted for Plough Lane to see Wimbledon.
Moved to Sussex, dads home county, in 1980 and started going to The Goldstone and Brighton became my love.

I have no problem in having a second team, it's not exactly like I chose teams who have achieved greatness, yet.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
AFC Wimbledon (The old Dons were my dad's local team when he was a kid) and Colchester (the inlaws live there). I look out for their results but that's about it. I'd struggle to name more than a couple of players from either club.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have no problem in having a second team, it's not exactly like I chose teams who have achieved greatness, yet.

EXACTLY.

It's very easy for someone to be all high and mighty when they dont have a second team.

It's not like I just CHOSE a year ago "oh i fancy supporting them also".

It's often a family/location reason or a choice made in your early years. Someone at work told me to just 'STOP' supporting my second team. What a load of balls that is.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Athletic Bilbao

D

Deleted member 18477

if you've got a second team - then clearly you'd still want Brighton to beat them in which case you could have a 3rd, 4th and 5th IF you wanted to. makes no difference.
if you haven't got a second team - stop trying to be all high and mighty. you sound like f***ing knobs.

mines Arsenal - simply because one of my grandads supported them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actually its Arsenal because I worked with an office full of Gooners and they were very interested in Brighton as we were going for the League Two Championship at the time. Not one put down or snide comment from any of them so I have always followed their them since.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Development squad , as they are called, could never support anyone else

Happy to go along with that - even after 30 years away I might watch other teams to get my football fix but I could only ever support Brighton.

I just wish the DS were given better media coverage starting with the OS which is abysmal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here