Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your pub game of choice

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Skittles.
My late father came from Somerset, when I was a child we used to stay down there with family, my father used to visit a pub with a skittle alley. I was allowed to play skittles while my father had a few pints with his mates.

He once told me they played a game called Spoof with his mates in pubs, I can't remember what the rules were but the loser had to eat a pickled egg :eek:

Both of these. I'm from Devon and almost all village pubs had skittle alleys (a lot still do, loads of local leagues still going)

Three coin spoof ? Always used to either prompt a task or forfeit at the end (morning after for example - we used to do it in the office after a big night ti see who got the bacon rolls in)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He once told me they played a game called Spoof with his mates in pubs, I can't remember what the rules were but the loser had to eat a pickled egg :eek:

Each person has 3 coins, they put their hands behind their back and leave between 0 and 3 coins in their hand. Everyone takes turns guessing the total number of coins then the winner is eliminated from the next round. Loser has to buy a round.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Each person has 3 coins, they put there hands behind their back and leave between 0 and 3 coins in their hand. Everyone takes turns guessing the total number of coins then the winner is eliminated from the next round.

Yep, with 20 of us in the office it would take at least an hour. Then we'd sit around waiting for the bacon rolls. By the time we got them and eaten them, it'd be lunchtime. Happy days :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Both of these. I'm from Devon and almost all village pubs had skittle alleys (a lot still do, loads of local leagues still going)

Three coin spoof ? Always used to either prompt a task or forfeit at the end (morning after for example - we used to do it in the office after a big night ti see who got the bacon rolls in)

Where are you from in Devon?

Nice to hear that skittles is still going strong in the West.
Yes, I remember now, he did say Spoof was played with coins.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Each person has 3 coins, they put their hands behind their back and leave between 0 and 3 coins in their hand. Everyone takes turns guessing the total number of coins then the winner is eliminated from the next round. Loser has to buy a round.

Still got my mint, unopened set of this little gem :rave:

$_1 (1).GIF $_1.GIF

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yep that's it, the memory is coming back now.
I like the pickled egg version though, I haven't seen those in pubs for years.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where are you from in Devon?

Nice to hear that skittles is still going strong in the West.
Yes, I remember now, he did say Spoof was played with coins.

Boringly 'mid' - Uffculme, a very small village a few miles from Tiverton. My parents (and my grandmother - 94 now) lived there all their lives. My brother in law still plays league skittles in and around Tiverton.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Boringly 'mid' - Uffculme, a very small village a few miles from Tiverton. My parents (and my grandmother - 94 now) lived there all their lives. My brother in law still plays league skittles in and around Tiverton.

Nice county, i haven't been to Tiverton though.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Difficult to choose. Bar billiards is brilliant but i am going to nominate the magnificent Midlands game of hood skittles.

Honourable mentions for ringing the bull and bat & trap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here