Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your predictions for the Albion's upcoming transfer window.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I believe that we will sign either a no 10 from Europe either Spain or Eastern Europe or we will get a young promising no10 initially for the Dev Squad but able to step up to the 1st XI squad if required,

I would like us to convert the loan of GM to a full transfer

Like, say, Jack Harper?

Competition/cover for Baldock IN
Peripheral squad members OUT (Ince, Manu, Lua Lua perhaps as can't see any getting game time at all)
Anyone we want to keep will stay

Other than that will be pretty quiet I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised if a striker deal (quite probably a loan) is completed very early in the window. Not ITK, just a feeling about how we've gone about business this term

Totally this

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My point 1. did not preclude that...
I pretty much agree with your earlier predictions.

Especially after our Tone's fan Q&A at Bristol. He's not selling anyone that CH wants to keep, end of.

As an aside, isn't it great to have a chairman and manager who are so obviously singing from the same sheet.

Albion fans moan about lack of info sometimes but it's worth considering that this is part of why we're such a well run club.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I feel the Premier League ambitions of Knockaert will be too much to keep him, I also feel the bid (£17m+?) will be too much to turn down?

Like to think Murray will get an 18 month contract, although he'll be pushing for 28 months.

Would love to see that man from Argentina back again also, would be a great push and morale boost.

We'll keep Stephens, Dunk and March and bring in a replacement as cover for March / Knockaert going

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I feel the Premier League ambitions of Knockaert will be too much to keep him, I also feel the bid (£17m+?) will be too much to turn down?

Like to think Murray will get an 18 month contract, although he'll be pushing for 28 months.

Would love to see that man from Argentina back again also, would be a great push and morale boost.

We'll keep Stephens, Dunk and March and bring in a replacement as cover for March / Knockaert going

If we have serious promotion ambitions, (and I damn well hope that we have), we MUST keep hold of Knockaert, Dunk, Stephens et al until at least the end of the season.

If they then insist on leaving fair enough. But hopefully we will be in the Premier League by then, so why would they want to?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Not sure if either is possible, but if they are, my predictions would be:

1. Murray's loan signing converted into a full transfer
2. Return of Ulloa

I would like Ulloa back even if on loan until end of season. I think Stephens might be on his way out if he doesn't sign. I think only 100% committed players will get us over the line and if he is looking for his next club it might not be helpful

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If we have serious promotion ambitions, (and I damn well hope that we have), we MUST keep hold of Knockaert, Dunk, Stephens et al until at least the end of the season.

If they then insist on leaving fair enough. But hopefully we will be in the Premier League by then, so why would they want to?

I 100% agree, we must. However, I fear that Knockaert will want to 100% guarantee playing in the Premier league and maybe that'll be best realisedd by helping a struggling club in January? Not that I want and would put a severe knock in our EPL ambitions.

We should also remeber that we don't have the spending power of our rivals and unsettling our players for a month would serve Newcastle, Villa, Norwich and Derby well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would like Ulloa back even if on loan until end of season. I think Stephens might be on his way out if he doesn't sign. I think only 100% committed players will get us over the line and if he is looking for his next club it might not be helpful

I don't think Ulloa is a fit for us when we already have Hemed and Murray, that's not the most mobile of forward lines, they would be looking at taking up similar positions.

Absolute top priority for me this January is some competition for Baldock. A young, hungry, pacey PL forward on the fringes, who can come on and stretch defences. Arsenal are looking to loan out Chuba Akpom again, someone like him would do nicely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As Bloom has said nobody we don't want to leave will leave, I can't see it happening (never say never).

Also, don't think there will be any real Dunk rumours as he's just signed a new deal (yes I know it means little these days). And I believe the Palace in for Dunk thing won't happen as he wont go there as he has a bit of respect and loyalty (nice to see).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think Ulloa is a fit for us when we already have Hemed and Murray, that's not the most mobile of forward lines, they would be looking at taking up similar positions.

Absolute top priority for me this January is some competition for Baldock. A young, hungry, pacey PL forward on the fringes, who can come on and stretch defences. Arre looking to loan out Chuba Akpom again, someone like him would do nicely.

Rumours site says Akpom is going to Wolves in January.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Absolute top priority for me this January is some competition for Baldock. A young, hungry, pacey PL forward on the fringes, who can come on and stretch defences. Arsenal are looking to loan out Chuba Akpom again, someone like him would do nicely.

I know what you are saying but would they expect Akpom to play? Ulloa I see as cover and a safe pair of hands as in won't rock the boat etc.. Maybe we could get Pritchard on loan he's doing f'all at Norwich (yes I am joking)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rumours site says Akpom is going to Wolves in January.

I've seen Cardiff and Fulham mentioned as well. Could just as easily be us, if CH throws his hat in the ring.

I know what you are saying but would they expect Akpom to play? Ulloa I see as cover and a safe pair of hands as in won't rock the boat etc.. Maybe we could get Pritchard on loan he's doing f'all at Norwich (yes I am joking)

He'd have to fight for his place like any other player here, nowt wrong with that.
Ulloa as cover is fine, its just not a priority to have another player of his ilk in the squad IMO. Its pace up top that we lack, if Baldock gets crocked then we're left drafting in wingers to fill the hole.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a 19/20 year old striker playing in Div 1 or 2 who might come up to the mark? Who may fill in if SB was injured or suspended and then be prepared for next season as a more regular member of the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This Sunday lunchtime Girona are playing Levante.

What with all the speculation around linking Roger Marti with us, I'm sure a scout will be in attendance.
It'll certainly be the game to go to, as former Real Madrid starlet Borja García Freire should also be playing in the 'Sam Baldock' position, for Girona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here