Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your player of the mini-season-so-far

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Our best two players have been Dunk and Van Hecke.

It's odd then that our defensive record has been atrocious. I'm putting this down to the lack of cover from midfield. If it wasn't for some terrific defending from these two, out GA column would be looking really bad

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I initially went for Gross but the more I think about it, I would actually go for Mitoma with Gross just behind.

I'm astonished there aren't more votes for Mitoma and how many are going for Dunk, Van Hecke, Veltman and Gilmour ahead of him bearing in mind our attacking and defensive records to be honest. We are so reliant on Mitoma, if we didn't have him, I think we'd probably be lower half of the table and struggling in Europe. He is without doubt our MVP which is why he is being played nearly every minute of the season.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
March and Gross, such a shame about March as he was flying off the scale this year and working so well in driving the team forward, partnered by Gross, I only hope that Adingra can give us the all around benefits that March was giving us.

Jimmy Grimble

Surprised at the amount of votes Gilmour has got. Steady player but the defensive aspect of our central midfield has not exactly been great and unfortunately he is part of that.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Interesting especially as the inconsistency with the number of player selections but for sheer number of games played plus some really impressive performances my vote goes to……………… Dunky

But for impressing in the games they have played then………………Grob, Gilmore, Veltman, March Mitoma and Ferguson have when available have all been outstanding

however over the season I think Fati might end up being my player of the season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I judge players of the season on the enjoyment they give me, not whether they are the 'best'. For this reason it's between Gross and Veltman with Gross winning. The only reason Gross pips Veltman is his international call-up; I love the fact that he earnt his first cap with us at the ripe old age of 32; we made him an international.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Dunk, Gross, Adingra.

I am staggered there are suggestions (seemingly serious) for Gilmour. A player has to be starting regularly to be considered for the title when up against the likes of Dunk and Gross for me. Gilmour's been ok, but he needs to do better defensive work to protect the back four better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Since one of the holy trinity is out, it's down to a two way decision Groß or Dunk.

I feel sorry for Velts that there's only ever been a holy trinity, but facts are facts.

And JPVH, Adingra, WBG and Fati have all been very impressive and will keep the old men on their toes :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here