Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your New Years Eve Experience!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A couple of hours down the local with some friends, then minced back home and watched the C4 Big Fat Quiz 2018, which was most enjoyable. I have a brand new BEETROOT fetish, which I fully indulged with some edam, wensleydale, coleslaw and salad cream, along with an agreeable brandy and lemonade. Followed by my favourite red greek dessert wine. Then watched Madness and the fireworks, before getting a bit fed up with their various 'b' sides, so stuck on Con Air, which I watched with a sumptuous nut selection, and some Cheeselets.

Its been lovely. But 2019 will not start well, as we are burying my wifes 45 year old sister on Wednesday, who succumbed to cancer a couple of weeks ago. I hugged her, we know its going to be such a tough start to the year, we're writing her eulogy tomorrow. We still have much to look forward to though with our new grandson Alfie, who is coming up to 4 months. He is the purest of joys.

Its been a mixed year. But I'll still be here, enjoying the wit and wisdom of this forum.

Here's to 2019. I raise my glass to you all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jane McDonald came round and we sat in silence watching Channel 5.

Which was nice.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just got home fml

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A couple of hours down the local with some friends, then minced back home and watched the C4 Big Fat Quiz 2018, which was most enjoyable. I have a brand new BEETROOT fetish, which I fully indulged with some edam, wensleydale, coleslaw and salad cream, along with an agreeable brandy and lemonade. Followed by my favourite red greek dessert wine. Then watched Madness and the fireworks, before getting a bit fed up with their various 'b' sides, so stuck on Con Air, which I watched with a sumptuous nut selection, and some Cheeselets.

Its been lovely. But 2019 will not start well, as we are burying my wifes 45 year old sister on Wednesday, who succumbed to cancer a couple of weeks ago. I hugged her, we know its going to be such a tough start to the year, we're writing her eulogy tomorrow. We still have much to look forward to though with our new grandson Alfie, who is coming up to 4 months. He is the purest of joys.

Its been a mixed year. But I'll still be here, enjoying the wit and wisdom of this forum.

Here's to 2019. I raise my glass to you all.

And mine to you and yours too Sir! ��

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Ghastly. Me and Mrs Shingle stuck in a Manila hotel room with the rain teeming down waiting to get out of the city. Everything closes down at 8pm and street deserted

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fireworks just woke me up. Went to bed at about 3pm and slept through the whole thing. Mrs TC pretending not to be annoyed. I don’t care. Going back to bed. Night all.

:lolol: She is annoyed though and beneath that calm exterior is a steaming cauldron of fury!

Mine was a quiet one and passed with hardly a whimper.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
2018 was a very good year for me, 4 weddings including my eldest son tying the knot, business pretty good, no cardiac arrests for the first time in 11 years ( thanks NHS) and the icing on the cake, my first Grandson, Arthur.

And, my football team has been pretty good as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A nice meal of duck and tartafelette followed by a game of Cards Against Humanity. Nothing quite says Happy New Year like discussing cum gobbling Pacman with your 17 year old step daughter !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ps - first thing I've learned in 2019 ..... that you can type cum on NSC and not get it starred out !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You should have mentioned the Madness / Con Air thing on FB.........

Its been lovely. But 2019 will not start well, as we are burying my wifes 45 year old sister on Wednesday, who succumbed to cancer a couple of weeks ago. I hugged her, we know its going to be such a tough start to the year, we're writing her eulogy tomorrow. .

So sorry to hear that mate, my condolences to both of you.

As for me, my foot has swollen up like a balloon and I can only just walk. A night of water, ibuporofen and NSC ended at 11.05pm when the painkillers kicked in. Am doing dry January anyway so it was just an early start.

HNY NSC :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
My wife always seems to be working New Years, she was asked to swap from a night to a day so we had plans of a few drinks etc.

She got in at 8, shattered after a busy day (Paeds A & E nurse) so we had dinner and a couple of drinks. Went up to bed around half 10 and set our customary alarm for 11:55. Got up and watched the BBC fireworks on the box and then the eldest woke up as he hates the noise and our neighbours went a bit mad with the rockets this year.

All 3 of us back to sleep by 12.15. Luckily the youngest didn’t wake up as the bed wouldn’t have been big enough and I would have spent the first morning of the heat waking up on the floor

I’m only 30 so should probably be out partying like a load of my mates but I just can’t be arsed any more

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Fell asleep in the armchair around 10pm, woke up at 11.55pm, said happy new year and went to bed.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Watched the fireworks with the wife on TV, she went to bed and then I watched the latest episode of Project Binky on YouTube.

Rock and Roll.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My first decision of 2019 was to open a second bottle of fizz which I am now rather regretting...

A good walk around Sandgate Park will no doubt sort it out. Happy New Year to all NSCer's!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here