Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Haysi Fantaysee, whose only redeeming feature was the meaning behind the lyrics to 'John Wayne is Big Leggy'

Their redeeming feature was Kate Garner.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have to admit to seeing The Thompson Twins at The Brighton Centre. It was pretty rubbish and they played their new single twice which was clearly very naughty.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simpy red... good call.

I got tickets to see them at the centre to impress a trainee teacher I fancied. It was the most painful gig I've ever been to, and it got me nowhere with the teach.

To make matters worse Mick Hucknall stole Steffi Graf from me. It was only a matter of time before she started replying to the daily letters I sent her, despite what the judge said.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
An old girlfriend took me to see Howard Jones in London,goes without saying i dumped her that night.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Love 80s music ,a lot of songs from the 80s have been done to death by modern bands , still cant beat a bit of Iron Maiden though !!!!!!!!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To make matters worse Mick Hucknall stole Steffi Graf from me. It was only a matter of time before she started replying to the daily letters I sent her, despite what the judge said.

Ginger b8stard........, he did that to me as well.

I'm glad Martine McCutcheon was sick in his hair......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It was all about John Wayne doing a Native American up the council. The accompanying video does give the game away somewhat.

I remember the lyric "John Wayne in Lovers Lane, making whoopee with his squaw". Your reading makes sense. They were desperate to be famous, I recall.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
While I think there have been some decent calls, most notably Simply Red, I'd have to say that Chris de Burgh walks this contest for me. "Lady in....:sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here