Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your journey to work and the irritations you encounter

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Time taken from door to door - Approximately 1 hour.

Irritations - People. They're all *******s.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What's a bingle? They sound fun.

It's a cross between a bang and a ding, not serious enough to hurt anyone, just hard enough to cause a minor traffic accident and some damage.
Usually accompanied by a bit of road rage.
The 'le' on the end just is just to make it fashionable.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
-That terrible smell that emanates from that rubbish tip when nearing the M25 going north. Are there really people living in that new housing development directly next to it?
- that "Jeeessssus, beliieeeve in Jeeesus" chappie who awaits our arrival when walking over London Bridge.
- the contractors who don't seem to know how to lay two paving stones smoothly and concurrently together on the bridge itself.
- the smell of that damned bacon (if you know the commute, then you will know exactly what I mean).

Just laughed out loud at these as this is my life every morning. 0711 from Hove to LB.

I love preacher man he just makes me smile every morning. I don't know why but it just tickles me.

Is LB the most photographed place in the UK? The number of pictures of commuters in the morning must be in the tens of thousands. There is always someone with a fancy camera smack bang in the middle of the pavement.

Anyway see you all in just over an hour.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:angel::angel:
My commute is generally pretty good.

Motorbike from Ditchling to Hove over Clayton Hill, onto the A23, down Snakey Hill, past the Greyhound Stadium and down to Portland Road.

Filtering is awesome as I don't usually have to sit in traffic, much to the car drivers' annoyance.

No major irritations other than slow cars climbing up Clayton Hill at 30mph.

As one of the car drivers I always move out of the way early on, to let bikes and motorbikes through safely. :angel:

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Sometimes I find the dog on the stairs which blocks the route to my office from my bedroom . The situation is becoming intolerable !! What should I do ??? I have written to OFFDOG and they just don't seem to give a **** .......

Flex Your Head

One morning last month was worse than usual. I managed to get a seat on the train, which in itself deserves a high-five, but as we trundled out of the following station, head buried in book, I heard a woman’s voice ask me if I would mind giving up my seat for her. Without looking, I immediately jumped up and let her have my precious seat, assuming that she was pregnant or ill.
Turns out she was neither. She was just fat and lazy! I took this picture of her whilst muttering under my breath, but she just carried on reading her bly Kindle.

Fat commuter.jpg

I was in a foul, foul mood when I arrived at the office that day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I usually work from home, but if I have to go into the 'office' (or a desk at a mates studio, as its otherwise known) then it's a 15-20 min trip from Littlehampton to Storrington. Rather lovely, especially if I wait for the usual car park that is Arundel at that time of the morning. I'll never get bored of the view as I trundle down the side of the downs into Amberley. The only other annoyance is either Ford or Lyminster railway crossing, depending on which route I choose of a morning.

I used to do LA - Lancing, which was painful on a good day.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I usually work from home, but if I have to go into the 'office' (or a desk at a mates studio, as its otherwise known) then it's a 15-20 min trip from Littlehampton to Storrington. Rather lovely, especially if I wait for the usual car park that is Arundel at that time of the morning. I'll never get bored of the view as I trundle down the side of the downs into Amberley. The only other annoyance is either Ford or Lyminster railway crossing, depending on which route I choose of a morning.

I used to do LA - Lancing, which was painful on a good day.

That is some comute!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Eastbourne to Haywards Heath. Usually A22 - A272 (Uckfield/Piltdown/Newick) but sometimes A27 - A26 - A275 - A272 (Lewes/Cooksbridge/Chailey), with some slight variations on occasions, but whichever way I go there seems to be bloody roadworks!!

Takes anything from 1h 10m to 1h 40m depending on what time I go and what roadworks I encounter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Commuting clearly makes you uptight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here