Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your honest opinion please................

blazey59

Oct 20, 2011
Chesterfield
I think at the moment reducing debt is more important to Bloom than taking the club forward. If Ogrady is the type of player this club needs then they need to replace the scouting team, you could get better players from non league football.
I think we have a weaker squad now than when getting promoted from Div 1, that says the business plan is designed to reduce cost.
From what I have seen so far is not good, when CMS is left on bench and he is the best player we have.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Why are people getting so upset that these players have left, are they not the ones who have had 1 or 2 attemps at the playoffs and failed poorly both times. Are they not the ones that on numerous times we've seen unable to beat teams made up of so called poorer players and at the same time probaly being paid higher wages by the Albion. Most have gone because they wanted to, in today's game the club could do little to stop them so better to take the money and move on. We've tried the keep ball tactic and it hasn't got us up, now the game has moved on and it's all about the quick attack maybe the club can see that these players can't fit into that system and it's time to rebuild. For 3 seasons everyone was saying we need a target man to hold the ball, IMO Ulloa wasn't that man, OGrady looks like he could be, so lets wait and see who else is added to the squad.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
No but where's the benefit of lying in an interview? By all accounts we had a lot of interest so transparent lies that would be quickly disproved would be pointless, no?

I am not saying they have been lied to so much they may have been lead to believe that finance was not an issue.
Both Oscar and Sami have not managed in the Championship before, so could have been ill prepared for understanding our player budgets at an interview.
We are also unaware if/who turned the job down before these two accepted.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Frankly it is very hard to not be down about it all just now. Need a lot of good news very soon to change that.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Basically, if Sami walks now that's more of a reflection on him than it is on us. The last two managers left and it's always the clubs fault in some way, never that managers constantly expect us to change our long term strategy to bow to their short term needs.

Right now, I am genuinely unconcerned. I'll hold judgement off until Sept 1st.

Fair enough, but, what would you consider to be a decent 'statement' from the club regarding purchases?

Personally, I think we now need 6 or 7 of real quality to adequately replace who has gone and to add depth to the squad.

Is it a good idea to buy over half a team's worth of players this late in the window?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Fair enough, but, what would you consider to be a decent 'statement' from the club regarding purchases?

Personally, I think we now need 6 or 7 of real quality to adequately replace who has gone and to add depth to the squad.

Is it a good idea to buy over half a team's worth of players this late in the window?

Well this is the question I guess... I think there's two things:

1) A decent statement would be ensuring that we're competitive come September the 1st. So, a LB, a CB, one maybe two CM, 2 wingers and a striker could be the bare minimum;

2) Re. the lateness of our business: No, i don't think it's a good idea but I think it's increasingly the way clubs, players and agents do business. In fact, I think when you do your business in the window is getting to be less and less about when the buyer wants it done by and more and more about when the player and agent decide the time & deal is right (Clayton being a good example)

vern

Jan 31, 2013
Odds cut from 20-1 to 14-1 to be relegated. The three B`s are taking the proverbial. Hyypia will jump ship, he`s been lied to just as we are being lied to . It`s very depressing , only so long the fans will take it.....empty seats galore soon

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Basically, if Sami walks now that's more of a reflection on him than it is on us. .

I have to disagree, no-one takes a job and immediately expects to the change the long standing culture of their new employer overnight. You might possibly think that after showing a modicum of success you might be able to make them see a different way to do things.

If Sami walks now, he was lied to.

The sad thing is Sami walking is about the only thing now that could make this season interesting

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are gradually off loading Gus signings, at a profit, because SH wants players who can play a fifferent system not rocket science. If during the next 2 weeks he can bring in the players he wants we will be ok. If Ward signs today left wing back solved just need one for the right plus Greer, Hughes and Dunk defence solved. I think we could see the end of Bruno and Calderon if we sign a right wing back in the Elliott Bennett Dirk Kuyt mould.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Ok. so we all know what was said at the Fans forum about a competitive squad, FFP, etc etc

Today Will Buckley has completed his move to Sunderland to join the many others that have departed.

We are rumoured to be signing Paddy Mccourt (Was at the game Tuesday so has some backing to it)

For me I am as confused as hell! We sign Stockdale and for 24 hours i was positive, however its wiped away in an instant due to the low calibre of targets we are linked to (and the decent ones are denied that any contact has been made from BHAFC!) and today is just a boot in the knackers too much for me.

Rumour is now gathering pace that Sami has offered his resignation, just a rumour but my question is..............................If this is true what does this tell you about Barber, Bloom and Burke? And the state of our beloved club is in?

My honest opinion - get a bloody grip

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
We are gradually off loading Gus signings, at a profit, because SH wants players who can play a fifferent system not rocket science. If during the next 2 weeks he can bring in the players he wants we will be ok. If Ward signs today left wing back solved just need one for the right plus Greer, Hughes and Dunk defence solved. I think we could see the end of Bruno and Calderon if we sign a right wing back in the Elliott Bennett Dirk Kuyt mould.
People are panicking because a few players leave, the club can't stop them really, but the tactics they played under are now outdated
so best to move them on as I agree SH wants to play a different way.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This all reminds of the peter cook sketch about the end of the world and whether a mighty wind will blow, needless to say the world doesn't end at the predicted time so they all agree to reassemble at the same time next week. All the gloom merchants are predicting the end of the club, but as it doesn't happen they keep saying the same negative things over and over in the hope it will happen. It won't happen therewill be good and bad times but we are still far better off then the dark days in the final days at the Goldstone.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
My honest opinion is that I don't really have an opinion until the 1 sept arrives. If we haven't signed adequate replacements then it's going to be a very tough season indeed. I'm going to wait until then........

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Well this is the question I guess... I think there's two things:

1) A decent statement would be ensuring that we're competitive come September the 1st. So, a LB, a CB, one maybe two CM, 2 wingers and a striker could be the bare minimum;

2) Re. the lateness of our business: No, i don't think it's a good idea but I think it's increasingly the way clubs, players and agents do business. In fact, I think when you do your business in the window is getting to be less and less about when the buyer wants it done by and more and more about when the player and agent decide the time & deal is right (Clayton being a good example)

But when you've sold your best players in the close season and lost many more that were released/loan expired, you can't just wait until the last minute because that is how you like to do things!

We have signed (3 I think) late before but we need about 6 or 7 now and they are not just squad players we need but proper, experienced players to replace some of our very best players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here