Your first World Cup memory?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I can't believe no one has said Battiston/Schumacher... my first clear memory of World Cup football and also the first time I heard my dad swear!

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Haven't read all the other commenst so sorry if this has been quoted. Holland 1978 with Haan scoring from what appeared the half way line with a dead ball free kick. I remember thinking the keeper looked rubbish!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
France '98.
I watch ever game possible during that tournement, obviously the last group game clashed so at the time could only watch one of the games but engrossed by the whole tournement. Recall Brazil beating Scotland 2-1 in the opening match, Nigeria beating Spain 3-2, Jamaica in their first world cup, Bergkamps stunning goal against Argentina (aswell as Owen's in the earlier round). France seeming to scrape through all the way to the final and Salas for Chilie and the neturals rooting for Croatia.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
1974 brazil v Zaire when a Zairean guy sprinted out of the wall and smashed the ball up the field when brazil had the free kick

Brasil vs Zaire - YouTube

0:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw8...
27 Mar 2007

Scotland go out heroically on goal difference

didn't denis law and someone else f*** about with the ball,when they should of been scoring as many goals as poss?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Mexico '86'
I may have watched bits and bobs of the 82 World Cup but don't remember a dicky bird of that one

sirbrian

Feb 5, 2004
As a young lad playing in the garden me dad coming to get me to watch the last few minutes .. of a certain game at Wembley in 66. Odd thing I can't recall any noise, fuss or celebrations round about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports