Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first ever Record / Download.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
One of my earliest memories was buying Van Halen, Women and Children First on 8-track. I was 7 and thought David Lee Roth looked like a caveman.

Van_Halen_-_Women_and_Children_First.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It always amazes me that every famous person's first album was a seminal and cool long player. Surely someone must have started off with something naff? On this theme it seems most people are being honest on this thread :lolol:

Strictly speaking my first record was this, but as it is 'Spoken Word' and was purchased with birthday money when I wasn't old enough to independantly visit a record store I kinda rule it out of contention..........

Attachments

• HHH.jpg
    HHH.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 265

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
And the first album, bought because my friend's brother had recently bought it and he was older and seemingly the PINNACLE of cool:

Make+Yourself+Incubus+cover.jpeg

It still remains a personal favourite, despite having played it through untold times.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
My first single, bought with my own money, was embarrassingly this ... :facepalm:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370000369.830419.jpg

AND I only got because they'd sold out of this ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370000421.836848.jpg

Did better with my first LP however :thumbsup:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370000462.224140.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very similar to this my first album was more than likely one of The Top Of The Pops compilations which features songs by cover bands and, I may be wrong here, but shortened versions too. The covers to these were in respect the best bit about them.

Ha. Yes. I remember those, they were alongside my Saturday Night Fever ST.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This was the first and only triple album I can recall ever having bought.

image.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
first record I bought was an EP from the CO-OP London Rd Brighton it was from a concert and had John Coltrane, Sam Most, Kia Winding, Dizzy Gillespie,and Miles Davis.
the second I bought was also an EP which was solely the MJQ
both were scratchy bad recordings but got me hooked into modern jazz

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The first Album I ever owned was the first Rolling Stones album - Christmas 1964 - present from my brother.
The first album I ever bought was by Freddie and the Dreamers - God knows why.
The first record I ever actually bought was "It's All Over Now" by the Rolling Stones - and referring to another thread somewhere, I am word-perfect on the lyrics and can still sing along to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here