[Misc] Your first alcoholic drink as a yoof.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Apart from my uncle giving a sip of German beer, when I was about four.
I was initiated on perno and black at our school Christmas party, which I decorated someones hedge :sick: on way home.
What was your first alcoholic beverage :cheers:

Me and a mate bought a bottle of Pernod once for a change but couldn’t remember what you mixed with it. In the end we recalled black we didn’t have any but had the bright idea to buy black currant hooch and mixed that in we suffered for a couple of days :lolol::lolol:

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Tin of McEwans or a Dewars Scotch as it's what my father would drink at home and from when I was about 15, he'd ask if I wanted a can of beer if we were watching something on telly at the weekend. Sometimes I'd say yes, sometimes no. He was pretty relaxed about it all. He was that kind of man- try it, see if you like it , always respect it.

He did warn me against drinking the punch at parties. Which was sound advice that unfortunately didn't take. Hence nearly forty years later, I can't touch Pernod or anything aniseed.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Remember MD 20/20? Exotic fortified wine like a disgusting proto alcopop. Strawberry/Kiwi flavour I think. In the pub it was lager top.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Screenshot_20200911-223737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hungarian Bulls Blood wine

My parents bought a bottle of this and I remember drinking a glass and feeling rather unwell - I was about eight or nine.

My first drink as a yoof, in yer actual pub, was a bottle of brown ale in The Hollingbury. There was a carol singing expedition from the school and one of the 6th formers got a bottle for me. I have no idea why I chose brown ale.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Remember MD 20/20? Exotic fortified wine like a disgusting proto alcopop.

Sold it in The Gloucester when I was just legal to drink. Absolutely ****ing lethal. Fell off the dancefloor thanks to that stuff.

Or we smuggled it in - which was entirey possible.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A bottle of Merry down cider (Back when you could buy a large bottle) and a couple of paracetamol in for some reason in the Bess Knees pub, before the under 16s disco at Tiffany’s in Wigan....

Oh and for some reason we drank it through a straw....

Then I did some gas, kinda tame really I guess.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Forget which came first but

litre bottles of Merrydown - parked my guts
4 pack special brew - parked my guts
Malibu - parked my guts and bowels

An important life skill was mastering projectile vomiting early doors as was pouring a worthington white shield correctly before mixing with gold label

D

Deleted member 2719

I had Mackeson and lemonade at Christmas 1979, While fueled on this potent mixture we then watched Top of the pops.

I had an out-of-body experience while watching Racey, sing some girls and watching legs and co, do their thing.

Testosterone was in FULL swing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports