Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite soul singers.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Last edited:

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Great thread and got me thinking about people who have slipped off the radar,saw Junior Walker back in the seventies at the Dome and thought he was brilliant so checked him out on YouTube and he was as good as I remember.Live at the Ram Jam club from 1969 is Junior at his energetic best.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
King of Soul Bill Withers & Queen of Soul Minnie Ripperton.

Anyone into 80's soul will remember Kashif, really made his mark with production inc Love come down by Evelyn Champagne King as well as a host of great tracks such as So Fine by Howard Johnson,Hi How Ya Doin by Kenny G & loads more, well sadly he died last week. He was a very influential person in the music industry as well as being a great humanitarian helping lots of people through his various charitable endeavours. RIP Kashif.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
King of Soul Bill Withers & Queen of Soul Minnie Ripperton.

Anyone into 80's soul will remember Kashif, really made his mark with production inc Love come down by Evelyn Champagne King as well as a host of great tracks such as So Fine by Howard Johnson,Hi How Ya Doin by Kenny G & loads more, well sadly he died last week. He was a very influential person in the music industry as well as being a great humanitarian helping lots of people through his various charitable endeavours. RIP Kashif.

Downloaded a tribute mix for Kashif a couple of days ago.. https://www.mixcloud.com/musicismysanctuary/tribute-to-kashif-selected-mixed-by-walla-p/

Definitely a sad loss

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Awful music soul one track now and then is ok but not an album or as I once did to please others went on a soul weekend music to slash your wrists to

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Awful music soul one track now and then is ok but not an album or as I once did to please others went on a soul weekend music to slash your wrists to

If you went on a weekender it would have been wall to wall dance music not the slower stuff that you think you should commit suicide to.
Each to their own but Caister Soul Weekends were legendary, great music, great DJ's, great shagging.
No trouble, no drugs (maybe a bit of weed) just really good fun.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This fella used to be the lead singer with The Gap Band, Outstanding (not whoops upside your friggin head) was one of their biggies.
Charlie has had numerous hits in the USA since, number ones etc........ i was gutted that he was on the support bill at the recent Stevie Wonder concert i Hyde Park in July, and i could not get a ticket.
Anyway Mr Charlie Wilson.

Outstanding live as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfQ6IQpdNo

The power....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf8GcJEeJd4

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Love that song. Was going to post it but got sidetracked by milllie jackson.

Me too. However, I bought a compilation on the basis of 'Clean Up Woman' and it is crammed with fairly disappointing retreads of the same idea, with Betty finding loads of different ways of telling her fellow women about the many things they need to do to avoid their bloke going over the side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in case it's not been mentioned.

Tonight at 9, Sky Arts has a documentary on Mavis Staples:-

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I reckon my mate is one of the leading experts on Soul music in this country and he has just had a book published about the history of the soul LP. Excellent reference book for those with an interest in the genre

IMG_0950.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here