[Music] Your favourite song from the year you were born

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The original.

And, the much, much better, remix.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Holy s#^t, just looked it up - so much good stuff, and artists were forced to release material every 10 minutes. This is something:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Baby Love

Was it the Supremes or Diana Ross or both ?

I remember it well, I was an avid listener to the top 20 from about age 8. It was played to death on the radio and it was one of The Supremes first hits I believe. Diana Ross was just a member of the band at that time.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Toolie, Oolie, Dooley from the Andrews Sisters, though Now is the Hour was a bigger seller.

I’ve EARNED my pension!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Most of you will have a multitude of choices.

Me?I’m calling the fifth amendment - 1951 - shite shite and yet more shite. I can’t find a single song I like :down:

I was born on 1953, so not much better, BUT I am aware that the film Calamity Jane came out in 1953, which is a family favourite film, so I’d go for “Secret Love” by Doris Day…….. withe “the Deadwood Stage” close behind.

Coincidentally, Secret Love was #1 the day Mrs DiS was born in May 1954.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I remember it well, I was an avid listener to the top 20 from about age 8. It was played to death on the radio and it was one of The Supremes first hits I believe. Diana Ross was just a member of the band at that time.

Their previous single Where did our love go? was their first UK hit with the follow up Baby Love their second. Had it been the other way round, I'm sure the superior (IMHO) Where did our love go? would have reached the top instead of Baby Love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here