Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Your favourite pub or bar.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm going to be really boring an say the Prince Albert, favourite pub in the Brighton, always have gone there before Amex games with my mates, and have seen many great gigs in there also (The Murder Capital being the best). In Hove I'd probably pick the Ancient Mariner as a mate got a job in there when I was 18 and proceed to be where we went on a almost daily basis. And for anyone familiar with Huddersfield, my university watering hole, The Grove has a special place in my heart.

Yoda

English & European
The Toad in the Hole in Worthing…… A full line up of all Hand Breweries beers including some collabs with Rake.’…. It’s all good.

Was my local (The Castle Ale House and was even called that in some way or form when it first opened it's doors, so lost it heritage) and my darts teams venue, until they decided they didn't want us during renovation. Won't step foot back in there the way we were treated. They originally told the previous owner that they would be no issues with us staying there. Bumped into one of the old regulars the other day and he's not impressed with what they've done either.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Have had several sessions in The Walrus when back home , upstairs for a spliff, bump, back down to probably one of the most chilled pubs in Brighton , great ale selection too but a long way from the station...:hilton:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Toad in the Hole in Worthing…… A full line up of all Hand Breweries beers including some collabs with Rake.’…. It’s all good.

is that the one up the top of clifton rd , near victoria park ...? or one of Chris Chapmans(rip) boozers opposite the museum..?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Thieves'!

Up until the mid-eighties, it was the best pub in the world.
Many happy memories.

those big long tables in the upstairs bar , the huge video screen , city of tiny lights was a regular tune on there along with talking heads and bob marley ...an easy exit to the back lane for a toot and men selling stuff.....you are right , at that time it was the best pub in the world....:p

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
is that the one up the top of clifton rd , near victoria park ...? or one of Chris Chapmans(rip) boozers opposite the museum..?

It’s opposite Wenban Smiths on Newlands Rd. Decent beer 🍺

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm going to be really boring an say the Prince Albert, favourite pub in the Brighton, always have gone there before Amex games with my mates, and have seen many great gigs in there also (The Murder Capital being the best). In Hove I'd probably pick the Ancient Mariner as a mate got a job in there when I was 18 and proceed to be where we went on a almost daily basis. And for anyone familiar with Huddersfield, my university watering hole, The Grove has a special place in my heart.

The Grove is immense.. It’s the only reason I want Hudders to come back up so we can take the in that place in on a match day

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Hand in Hand and Basketmakers for me. We loved Magic Rock brewery when we went up to Hudds. Someone else mentioned The Rake, which is a good call.

I also particularly enjoyed The Murder Capital at End of the Road. Most recent gig at The Albert was The Bug Club, who were fine and fun.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Is that the new brewery taproom place? Can't wait to go there.

No, The Gun pub and The Gun Brewery are entirely separate businesses.
The Gun Brewery Taproom is open from Thursday to Sunday, actual opening hours vary from day to day.

It's well worth a visit, even though it's out of the way for most. It's a beautiful setting and (unsurprisingly), I've never had a better pint of Babylon. The food van at the weekend was pizza, but they're going to rotate them regularly.

(Edit: I'm talking about the brewery taproom in case it wasn't clear)

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Can't believe that no one Has mentioned the three fishes in Worthing.
Cracking pint of Fosters in there.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I think you're thinking of the Richard Cobden.
Felt like someone's front room with a bar in the corner.
I lived in Cobden Road for a year and spent a good chunk of that time in the Cobden,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think you're thinking of the Richard Cobden.
Felt like someone's front room with a bar in the corner.
I lived in Cobden Road for a year and spent a good chunk of that time in the Cobden,

no mate , im thinking of the one that was at some time called the swiss cottage , big , posh gaff about half a km west of st marys church.way after my time .

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Hand in Hand and Basketmakers for me. We loved Magic Rock brewery when we went up to Hudds. Someone else mentioned The Rake, which is a good call.

I also particularly enjoyed The Murder Capital at End of the Road. Most recent gig at The Albert was The Bug Club, who were fine and fun.

Basketmakers is a great pub, Magic Rock Brewery does great beer, but didn't really feel like a pub. The Parish is another great pub in Huddersfield, had a great little gig venue round the back. Seeing Enola Gay at the albert tomorrow, might stay over until the morning for the football.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Unbarred is brilliant, and so is BRZN. Are they pubs or just bars? I don't care, they're round the corner from my house, and both are wonderful.

I love the garden at The Open House.

Shout outs for The Rose Hill and The Roundhill as well.

Further into town, I love The Pond, East Street Tap (especially before gigs at Chalk) and The Hole in the Wall.

Pleased that the Basketmakers still features - used to go I there for a pint of HSB on my visits to Brighton. Nowadays usually go to pubs for family meals and an excellent venue for these is the Queens Head at Icklesham tucked away just of the A259 near Winchelsea. Food and beer excellent and VFM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here