Your favourite part of London ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I ran those 3 pubs in the 60s and all the customers who lived in the Prince Regents Lane area considered themselves true East Londoners, perhaps they were all wrong. It was London E16 then.

Come, come BG, we all know that Bushy built London with his bare hands. If anyone is going to know what is what in London it's him. Or is it Haywards Heath? I get confused. Sorry, yes, Haywards Heath not London. Apologies, as you were.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Come, come BG, we all know that Bushy built London with his bare hands. If anyone is going to know what is what in London it's him. Or is it Haywards Heath? I get confused. Sorry, yes, Haywards Heath not London. Apologies, as you were.
you really do need some new material, youre a tired , hackneyed cliche, probably why your acting ''career'' :)lolol:)
never took off .......

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
you really do need some new material, youre a tired , hackneyed cliche, probably why your acting ''career'' :)lolol:)
never took off .......

You are pretty much the ONLY person on here that EVER brings up the subject of acting. That and your tedious attempts to make everyone on here believe you are an expert in London and not the punchy, twice divorced, worn out arse who dines out on your "edgy" life in inner city London from your semi in Haywards Heath are your stock in trade on here. As always.

:lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are pretty much the ONLY person on here that EVER brings up the subject of acting. That and your tedious attempts to make everyone on here believe you are an expert in London and not the punchy, twice divorced, worn out arse who dines out on your "edgy" life in inner city London from your semi in Haywards Heath are your stock in trade on here. As always.

:lolol:
like i said , you need some new material, im once divorced , and i dont live in a semi, it may be what you aspire to, but im FAR too well off for that .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
like i said , you need some new material, im once divorced , and i dont live in a semi, it may be what you aspire to, but im FAR too well off for that .

Alright Bushy. I believe you. Thousands wouldn't and all that.....

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Amy part of London that isn't a tourist trap and isn't a dreary 1930s suburb between the North/South Circular and M25. London is a collection of villages that grew together outside the City Walls. If you don't like, or get bored with shops/pubs/food in one place, then it is very easy to go the extra (half) mile somewhere else.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Take a drive to Primrose Hill.

It's windy there, and the view's so nice.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Really? Very Interesting..just looks really rough, probably a decent crowd in there then. Love the way on the blackboard outside to publicise the Sky games, 'Celtic' is painted on!

Ahh, I just wondered if it had a "reputation". It's a very Irish pub, not just an old bicycle nailed to the wall next to a Guinness poster, but somewhere that actual Irish people drink ( quite heavily, judging by the state of some of them ) & from my experience, they've always been perfectly friendly.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Lived in Balham/Tooting area for 20 years and loved it there (although Balham got a bit up itself). Tooting always delivered though - fantastic Asian restaurants, a wonderful Lido in the summer and some decent pubs. I could get back from Withdean in under 90 minutes too

Lived in Balham/Wandsworth Common for three years until November. Played football most Saturday mornings at St George's Hospital sports centre followed by a walk up the high street and a visit to one of the many amazing veggie curry houses for a Thali for about £4. Brilliant.

Bottom of Brick Lane down by Whitechapel.

Still retains some of the old charm away from the nouveau types and there's still some cracking pubs down there.

Oh and Tayyabs!

Never understood the fuss over tayyabs

BYOB, grilled lamb chops and naan to die for. What's not to like?

I never thought i'd get on with living here when I moved away from Brighton in 2008 but whilst i've kept my flat in Brighton I don't see myself moving back. You've got to find a bit of London you love and then you'll never leave. I work in St James's/Mayfair and live in Barnes Bridge and bloody love it.

Was stuck in the office until about 8.30 this evening and made it home for a run along the river into the sunset. Glorious.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports