Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite micro-brewery outside of sussex?

1 Sarah Hughes Brewery at the Beacon Hotel Sedgeley. Always enjoy a pint of Dark Ruby, whenever I come across it.

2 Palmers of Bridport, my favourite IPA.

3 Donnington beautiful spot and the beer isn't bad

Sarah Hughes Ruby mild, as it used to be called, is lovely stuff and gives a lie to the fact that mild is low gravity drink (it is around 6 percent I think). Remember having some once in the Goldon Galleon at Cuckmere which used to brew a decent drop of ale itself as well as stocking some decent guest ales, now sadly just another food pub I believe.

Westerham Brewery also brew a nice drop just around the corner from my ma in law.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Poachers brewery in Lincolnshire is pretty good-a mate of mine's the brewer.
He does an Xmas ale called Santa's Come. Try ordering a pint without sniggers from the
bar staff!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there used to be a micro brewery in the bowling alley at Surrey Quays. quite odd and out of place, but it served a very pleasant light, caramel tasting lager.

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
Well outside of Sussex - Dogfish Head Brewery, Delaware USA and Full Sail Brewery in Oregon USA. Both wipe the floor with Harveys IMHO.

I wouldn't say that.

And you're wrong about one of them being "well outside of Sussex." Dogfish brew their beer in the town of Milton in Sussex County, Delaware. It's about five miles west of Lewes. ;)

Trailhead Brewery in St. Charles, Missouri is always fun.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
REST OF THE WORLD
Dominated by the USA, obviously, I favour Boston Beer Works (two brewpubs in Boston, one in witchity Salem, all brew on site) which always have 12+ of their own beers on, usually - in true American microbrew style - including several fun flavours, eg pumpkin, blueberry, vanilla, maple syrup, etc. Chelsea Brewing Company in NYC is a more flaccid second place.

Thanks for asking x

That's rancid.

I do love elderflower in my ale and very occasionally some of the niche ones with a hint of lime or strawberry. But those flavours sound horrible.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Thornbridge (their Jaipur IPA is ACE, and they now have a reciprocal agreement with Dark Star so we should be seeing a lot more of it down here)
Oakham (for JHB and Bishop's Farewell, not just the Attila, which is lovely but 7.5%....)
Wye Valley (always brings back happy memories of the Hereford game!)

It's nice, but strong mind, wouldn't want to be on it all night.

Bishops is Loverrly. But white dwarf is even better.

Attachments

• whited_160px.gif
    whited_160px.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 39

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here